NEW - Tablo 'Preview' App for Amazon Fire TV & Android TV (v 1.2.0)

I use Fire TV Gen2 boxes. What is the difference between this new app & the one I have been using?

You can read all about it on the Tablo blog:
https://www.tablotv.com/blog/new-preview-tablo-app-amazon-fire-tv-android-tv/

But as we mentioned above, there are three reasons why we think you’ll love this new app experience:

No Sync - This app relies on our REST API which is also what runs our Roku and Apple TV apps

Faster Performance - As a native app, this interface offers fast, buttery smooth navigation

Interface Enhancements - We have included several interface enhancements based on user requests like swapping recording flags for underlines in the Live TV grid so you can more easily see what shows are set to record.

The blog link reports 404 error in safari on my iPad.

Remove the 17 from the end.

Sorry, but I will not be using this “Preview app”. The most used feature we use is the “Filter” on the recordings section. I’ll just have to wait until these filters are in place.

It does look nice though.

I downloaded this last night. I too won’t be using it until all features are in place.

I suppose the new ‘look’ is cool, but I don’t see any noticeable difference in the performance/navigation.

I like the new app. The interface looks great. I like the additional info on the Live screen and the new layout for Recordings. No Sync is good. I prefer the old FF and REW speeds of 10 and 20 seconds instead of the new 6 and 12 seconds. I think a 6 and 20 compromise would be great for skipping commercials. The additional thumbnails on FF and REW were a bit of info overload at first, but now that I am used to it I like it. I hope the jump to seasons in recordings by FF gets reinstated. I know filters are missing but it’s a preview app. Sometimes when deleting the last recording of a show the show’s icon on the Recordings screen does not go away until a refresh of the screen. Overall good job.

Yes! We will be adding this to the Preview app in a future update as well.

Interface looks cool but I also didn’t notice any difference in speed. Also when I’m at the end of the show and push back it takes me back to the amazon interface (exits the app)

Also wish you could see all of the seasons for a recorded show in a row at the top and choose the season you want without having to scroll through 200 episodes…

I found an odd audio problem with the preview. On many shows the background music is very clipped. It sounds like an 80’s video game music. At first I thought I had a blown speaker, but the audio is normal with the release app.

Nvidia ShieldTV.

I tried the new app and like the interface, but agree with everything said above. I was hoping with the new app that the “Herky Jerky” motion of the recordings would be solved, but it isn’t. I have the latest generation of the Fire TV and record at the maximum setting and sometimes watching sports is just unbearable. Is there any plan on fixing the herky jerky motion of the recordings with this new app?

Unfortunately there is an issue viewing Tablo on the newest Amazon Fire TV. You can read more about that here: NEW - Tablo App for Amazon Fire TV Update (1.3.4)

We’ll take a closer look at this. Stay tuned.

Sorry, we’re not seeing this here. Are you watching a recording, or live tv, or an in-progress recording when this happens?

Oh good, so you guys at least know about it. Thank you for sharing that link. I’ll follow that thread instead of this one. I’m just happy to know there will be a fix one day!

So finally got around to trying this new preview app - UI is nice.

From the blog post: “Once those features are finished, the Tablo Preview app will replace the current Tablo app for Amazon Fire TV and Android TV.”

But I really hope this app doesn’t go live with no support for Tablo Connect (aka remote streaming).

I’ll take a video, can I post it here?

Fear not, we’ll definitely tackle that before the switchover.

Sure!

Perfect - great news! :fist_right: