NEW - Tablo Firmware Release 2.2.40

Wasn’t at least one of the past several upgrade suppose to fix missing graphics?

I checked via Roku, both tablo devices weather web app or Roku have the same issue.

1 Like

Mine too, but it’s possible for these premiering shows, that the Tablo isn’t getting any valid graphic from their EPG provider (I’m just guessing).

Still seeing it elsewhere (other than the premiering)?

Yes, was just checking after it was suggested for premiering shows.

Real extra screwy, show “Around The World In 80 Days” TV Shows > Channels > PBS no graphic

Recordings has graphic, that’s just screwy.

Ah, yes. I had set that same show to record. Also no graphics for that one here either.

Depending on your remote viewing location, a few missing graphics may not be that important.

I agree a few may not be “that important”, but that’s subjective.

The degree of importance seems to be somewhat negated with each subsequent upgrade/update allegedly fix this specific issue.

It may not be “that important”… yet with each fix – it shouldn’t be happening. [understanding there may always be some issues from time to time]

An experienced user that thinks they have a bug should open a ticket and put the unit in maintenance mode. It’s that simple. The graphics for new shows that have not broadcast it’s first episodehas been talked about a number of times.

And the other problem that happens with some brand new shows is that some of the first episodes are not marked as “new”. So the record new only option fails.

But recently, when I watch TV, tablo recordings and any of it’s issues don’t seem to be very important.

Enough experience to know a user can’t put their device in maintenance mode -

Ok, so with overwhelming experience it’s understandable always sort it all out - maybe “remote access mode” aka heartbeat mode?

Yes it’s been talked about for more than a number of time, I believe it’s been going on a couple of years? So it being a bug, or know issue and the experience of Tabo’s limited support resources, I’m back to it’s not that important. Just wondering how many times if/when it’ll be over and down with.

Very good guess.

Sometimes it does take a bit for cover art to be available. These are all new shows airing in early March so your Tablo will check again before the first airing for the cover art and it should show up then.

That’s reasonable. I faintly recall graphic updates occurring either quarterly or 100 days, I guess for a “regular” cycle or schedule.

So if it knows a graphic is missing & show hasn’t aired yet - it will routinely, or at least prior to first airing, see if there is one available?

…the more you know :slight_smile:

Yep!

It’ll check when a brand new show is added to the guide and then again before the first airing.

Once art arrives, then the countdown on checking for updated art starts.

1 Like

Since 2.2.40 (and its betas), I have a periodic problem where every month or so, in the middle of use, the Tablo Quad will suddenly disconnect, and then none of my devices (Apple TV, Mac, iPhone, iPad) will be able to reconnect. The only way to recover seems to be both power cycling and then rebooting (blue button) the Tablo.

Some related info:

• The Tablo and router are on UPS, so this is not a power problem
  • The Tablo is wired to the router, and my Mac is wired as well, so this is not a WiFi problem
  • The fix involves the Tablo alone, so this is not a router problem
  • The Tablo has an internal SSD, so this is not a USB problem

It has all the signs of the Tablo firmware getting wedged.

1 Like

Since 2.2.40 (and its betas), I have a periodic problem where every month or so, in the middle of use, the Tablo Quad will suddenly disconnect

Is there any error message displayed when the disconnect happens? I’m also running 2.2.40 and experienced a few disconnects yesterday with the message, “The sync process was unsuccessful due to a database error.”

Mom’s tablo is experiencing severe buffering when it was completely fine before- did not happen until the update popped up. She updated and is still experiencing buffering. Her connection is not the issue, the signal is strong and she isn’t near any other internet users. Her storage is not an issue, she has 95% free space. She just got a new tablo unit a few months ago. What gives??

Is there any error message displayed when the disconnect happens?

Not like what you described. I don’t recall specifics, but after showing a spinner for a while it announces it can’t connect to the Tablo. Attempting to rediscover the Tablo on the network does find it, but connection attempts fail until I do as I described and both power cycle and reset the Tablo. At that point, each device’s existing Tablo connection config works again.