NEW Tablo come loaded with Scheduled programming already?

Hi all,  I just purchased a (I hope) new Tablo from Amazon.  I have it set up now and I see that there are already programmings in my “Scheduled” screen. Is a brand new Tablo supposed to have it pre-loaded with some shows that are scheduled to record?

It also came with MonoPrice ethernet cable? and the unit itself was not wrapped in any sort of plastic.

Did Amazon ship me a used/returned Tablo?

Hmmm… that sounds really fishy.

Sounds like it…

You wouldn’t be the first to get a used/refurbished unit.  The main issue is that you may not be getting a 30 free trial subscription.  If that happens, the Tablo folks will give one to you.

I thought all the data for the scheduled recordings was on the USB HDD? Not on the Tablo itself?

@OP

Hold the blue button on the back of the Tablo for 30 seconds to factory reset it. It will initialize your USB HDD again.

You wouldn't be the first to get a used/refurbished unit.  The main issue is that you may not be getting a 30 free trial subscription.  If that happens, the Tablo folks will give one to you.

Yeah, but if that is the case, shouldn’t it be declared?  And shouldn’t it be discounted?  Just sayin’…

If it’s not advertised as refurb, they have broken some laws by not declaring it as a refurbished unit. They can’t sell used or anything that’s not factory fresh as new It’s plain not legal.
If you have a warranty claim and you send your Tablo in, then you may get a refurbished unit back, that’s pretty typical, but no one can send you a refurbished or used unit as new or for a new price. And a refurbished unit would be blank, no settings. It would all be reset by the “refurbishing” process.

i bet you got a returned unit. 

UPDATE:
Yes, looks like I did indeed get a returned unit.  I purchased New from Amazon.  I have since exchanged it and this one looks much better.  No recordings, the ethernet cable package was not opened, and the power adpater was packaged in plastic (first one had none of these…).  Just FYI for anyone else who may ask in the future :).

Thank you all for the responses!

Looks like a reason to start boycotting Amazon.  I got my Tablo from Newegg and it was brand new.

@gth181a - Sorry to hear this. Every once in a while a return sneaks into the ‘new’ pile over at the Amazon warehouse. They’re always good about swapping them out for a new one but we’re working with them to see if we can prevent this moving forward.

Looks like a reason to start boycotting Amazon.  I got my Tablo from Newegg and it was brand new.
Newegg sent me a used Tablo when I purchased new. I guess they all do it.

It’s alot like the “5 second rule”.  You know, if you drop a cookie on the floor, you got 5 seconds to pick it up and it’s like it was never dropped – So you eat it and you feel fine.  This is what all companies do to keep excessive loss down.  You’d be surprised just how people think “Well it looks fine, so I’ll keep it”.

-Rodger

BTW, forgot to say, I buy most everything at both those places.  Just gotta keep an eye on what’s going on is all.

-Rodger

FYI - With most of our retail partners, all of the returned units come back directly to Tablo HQ which then get resold on our webstore as refurb units. 

Amazon is the exception since they resell boxes as ‘Amazon Warehouse’ units. They don’t go through the same refurbishing process as ours do.

@TabloTV - Looks like you need to have a talk with Newegg. The unit that was originally sent to me was very obvious a return. The power adapter had a label on it that was hand written with the word “Tablo”. The cable itself was bound with a rubber band. All other items in the box were not in any plastic bags or other protective packaging and the unit itself was scratched up. When my replacement came I could see how you actually package the units so I know the first one was used. I realize this is not the fault of Tablo, but want you to be aware of this because Newegg won’t send out the replacement until they get the original back which delays the joy of using your great product.

@larryg4b - We definitely did chat with them after that happened with your unit. It shouldn’t have happened but even good systems can break down occasionally.