NEW - Tablo App for Amazon Fire TV Update (1.3.4)

We’ve managed to track this down to an issue on the 4K Fire TV. We’ve alerted Amazon and sent them the details.

We’re going to keep looking for workarounds, but unfortunately we may be waiting for a firmware update from them to address this.

1 Like

Thank you! Now all we have to do is wait for Amazon to update their firmware on the 4K Firestick.

I don’t think Amazon still calls this model the 4K Fire TV Stick because my new (but old model) 1080p Fire TV Stick doesn’t seem to have this problem.

. I think their WEB page calls it:

All-new Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and Alexa Voice Remote (2017 Edition, Pendant) | Streaming Media Player

And maybe you will get lucky. Most software problems found by actual users have already been found in-house.

I’m also having this problem. I created my own thread before I saw this. My poor old Roku 3500x works just fine. This new guy chokes on this app and I don’t understand why. We also use HBO go and don’t have this issue on there so I don’t get whats up.

I’m having a real issue. I just bought a new Amazon TV 3rd Gen, 4k, HDR. The playback for Tablo on the Amazon Fire TV is MUCH choppier and slow compared to the stream for the 3500X Roku. Has anyone else noticed this same performance issue?

It’s a known issue with no fix in sight. There is just something wrong with that device compared to previous FireTv devices.

Amazon should come clean on the fact that their new FireTV pendent is merely an upgrade to the Fire stick. Their 2nd Gen FireTV box that they discontinued is a superior product to the new pendent. They are planning a new FireTV cube that will actually be the upgrade to the previous box, but it’s release has been delayed.

Not sure if problems with the pendent is the reason, but it very well could be.

So what product should I replace this with? The earlier fire stick or a Roku?

and also, (I’m at work) has anyone tried this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF2g8s7AmQ8 , Is this the same issue? I’m going to test this and see if its related when I get home, but otherwise just wondering if anyone had tried this path. Its not a solution by any means. It doesn’t keep the setting when the firestick reboots even if it does work.

We’ve tried different bit rates, frame rates, resolutions, even player software just to make sure it wasn’t something on our side.

You’re welcome to give it a shot as well, but it’s not likely to help unfortunately.

Whichever one you prefer. I have three Rokus, and the Tablo app performs well on all them (Roku stick 2nd gen, Premiere+, and Express).

Well I broke down and sent back the sucky pendant. Got a Fire stick 2017 replacement. Made them fork over the prepaid shipping label. Ridiculous.

Just noticed that Amazon released a new OS update on January 22nd for the 3d Gen Amazon Fire Stick (4K). The number was FIRE OS 6.2.1.2. Anybody know if this release had any fixes to resolved the TABLO issue for sports??? Don’t want to swap out the Firesticks between TV’s if the fix isn’t there? Thanks.

@elbyj - We check every firmware update as they roll out. Sadly, this one didn’t help.

So I tested my new Fire “Stick” last night. No problems at all. Very strange considering it seems to be the same platform.

This thread is very unclear, but I think this just affects the new 4K FireTV “pendant” not the 1080P Firestick.

Right @TabloTV ?

You are correct. Only the pendant.

GREAT Suggestion! Did exactly that (1 star review w/Tablo being main issue, along w/awkward HDMI cable) on Sat 2/10, and got a phone call and email from Amazon Reviews on Sun 2/11.

Appears, from their perspective, that it is a Tablo vs. Amazon issue, however, it appears that Tablo believes the opposite to be true.

A fix, one way or another, would be fantastic…

Hello Andrew,

My name is Nick and I’m with Amazon’s Review Team.

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with the Fire TV, which prompted you to leave a one star review about the device on Amazon.com.

After doing some research on this issue on both Tablo And Amazon, we found that this is a known issue to Tablo and they are working on a resolution already for this. The best option is to contact Tablo and speak with them regarding an update to the current system as we do not have that information.

Should you need any help or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. You can reach our customer support directly from our website by clicking the link below. We’re open 24 hours a day, seven days a week for your convenience.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Nick R

@ACH Well that’s fun…

When we alerted them to the issue, they told us to stay tuned for a firmware update on their end…

Given our app works just fine on their other products, until they provide us with the additional guidance we requested on what’s different with this version (because it’s not documented) or push a firmware fix on their side, our hands are a bit tied.

I’ll have our team give Amazon another nudge on this and see if we can get some movement.

Hey folks -

We are cautiously optimistic that the Amazon Fire TV 4K stuttering issue may be resolved soon!

We’ve heard back from Amazon who’ve said:

(this issue) has been fixed, and will be available in the next (Fire TV) OS OTA update.

We’ll keep our eyes peeled for the next Amazon firmware update and will let everyone know when we’ve confirmed the ‘all clear’.