NEW - Tablo Android Mobile App Update (v. 1.6.8)

Howdy Tablo fans -

We’ve got a small update for Android mobile device users on the way. Nothing too exciting, but it will provide an improved experience for first-time setup.

Tablo Android Mobile App Update (v. 1.6.8)

• Fixes and improvements to setup screens

If you see anything out of the ordinary, or have any feedback about this release let us know below or drop us a line.

1 Like

So this update includes the FireTV as well? Because mine updated yesterday.

That’s over here: NEW - Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 1.6.8)

Observation on 1.6.8

On my Android Lollipop tablet (5.01), after playing any program (live or recorded), when the app returns to the last selected menu, the “select menu” icon does not appear. The entire blue menu title bar (which shows “Recording” or “Live TV”, or the program name and episode info) stays white.

The only option at this point is to exit the app entirely and re-start the app.

So, on my Galaxy Note 8.1 running Android 4.4.2 (I know, but it still runs like a champ), this release has a permanently stuck open flyout menu that I can’t close. And if I tap on anything in the menu, it actually results in a tap on whatever is “underneath”. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting the tablet, etc. but no dice. Am I just out of luck because of aging OS?

1 Like

We’re investigating this now.

It seems like at least in our emulator that rotating the phone seems to provide a temporary fix.

If anyone else is seeing this on older Android operating systems, please let us know what version you’re seeing it on.

Thanks for the update! I just tested rotating on my tablet, and it did not make the menu go away when the screen redrew.

I am running Android 4.4.2 also on Samsung tablet and having the same issue lately! I’ve also uninstalled/reinstalled, rotated tablet…all to no avail. :frowning_face: