NEW - Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.4 & 2.1.5 & 2.1.6 & 2.1.7)

Howdy Tablo family -

A Tablo app update is on the way for those who use Amazon Fire TV or Android TV devices.

If you have automatic updates enabled on your streaming device or Smart TV, you should see the update in the coming hours.

REMINDER - Everyone should be using the app called Tablo (and not Tablo PREVIEW). All new active development is being done on the main Tablo app and Tablo PREVIEW has now been removed from the app store.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.4)

• Adds options for conflict resolution where the scheduling offset was created via Advanced Recording Options
  • Many more performance improvements and bug fixes

Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.5)

• Small bug fixes

Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.6)

• Bug fixes

Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.7)

• Bug fixes

As usual, if you have any questions or encounter any problems, feel free to post them below or touch base directly with support.

Does this include a fix for the surround sound ?

I assume you’re using a Chromecast with Google TV? Alas, it does not but the plan is to tackle that for the next update.

What is the specific surround sound issue being encountered? I can’t say I’ve noticed anything with my Chromecast with Google TV other than the weird issue I logged in this thread…

Chromecast with Google TV Loses Audio When Accessing Playback Settings (Closed Caption Toggle) - Support & Troubleshooting - TabloTV Community

and thus far it appears that issue may have been fixed by last week’s Chromecast update.

No, it is for the Amazon fire tv. Since update 2.1.2 a few of us have had a problem getting surround sound working.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

We just pushed one teeny fix (2.1.5) based on some error reports we were seeing with the most recent update.

Has there been a problem with this rolling out? Both of my Fire TV sticks are at 2.1.3, and if I go into app page (via more info) to try to update it, it says “unavailable.” If I try to search for it, only the old preview app is offered.

No, there hasn’t been. If you’re in Canada you may need to search for Nuvyyo instead of Tablo but that’s the only reason I can think of why you wouldn’t be able to see it.

Humm, odd. I’m in the United States. I wonder why Amazon doesn’t want me to have the app anymore, on 2 firesticks no less!

Login to your Amazon account on a computer and check the region your Amazon account is set to. Make sure it is USA.

To do this:

1. Go to Content and Devices and click Preferences.
  2. Under Country Settings, click Change.

While I don’t use my fire tv stick much here is what I discovered.

I have auto update on. My fire tv stick still has version 2.1.3. And it is the tablo app.

If you go your amazon account app and subscriptions you will now find 3 tablo apps.

The tablo app for android version 4.1 tablo version on page unspecified.
The tablo preview for android version 4.2 on tablo version on page unspecified.

And the new
Tablo for Amazon Fire TV Android 5.0 tablo version Version: 2.1.5_ea8354577

Amazon thinks all three of these apps are compatible with my fire tv stick… I ask amazon to deliver the 2 non-preview apps to my fire tv stick.

Maybe it will come true some day.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. The sticks have auto updated just fine in the past, clearly as recently as 2.1.3, so I wasn’t shocked to see the account still set to USA when I checked.

Usually I’d be tempted at this point to uninstall and reinstall, but since it looks like the app is no longer in the “store” I think I’ll just hope Yahoo and Amazon get things worked out eventually.

@Jaye That’s super weird. Do you know what model your Fire TV sticks are?

Mine is a fire tv stick gen 2. It’s running OS 5.2.7.8

And if you use the stick and go to apps and the main home menu and categories movies $ TV I only see the tablo preview app. But there are two hdhomerun entries.

Had to use my amazon account too see all 3.

1 Like

Both are Fire TV Stick Generation 2, with the updated remotes (Alexa and TV volume, etc.).

Software Version: 5.2.7.8 (664657620)
Fire TV Home Version: 6242057.1

I do recall the Fire Stick updating its software a month or two ago (after Tablo 2.1.3 was updated), perhaps there is some flag that Tablo needs to set in order to be compatible with the new version of the Fire TV OS?

Yesterday I used my amazon account and ask to deliver the old 2.1.3 and the newer app. Nothing appeared today. I used the fire stick my firetv/check for updates. Everything is up to date.

Used fire tv stick my account to sync amazon content - nothing.

Maybe Jeff knows I don’t like or rarely use the fire tv stick or the tablo app. He probably knows more then Zuck.

We’re investigating this further now.

1 Like

@Jaye @zippy - We haven’t been able to determine any cause or reason on our end why you shouldn’t be able to see or access the latest version of the app.

You’re the only ones who have reported this issue and we can see from our analytics that others are using the app with no issues.

The only thing we can suggest is doing a factory reset of your Fire TV.