NEW - Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.2)

Happy Monday folks -

A new Tablo app update is on the way for those who use Amazon Fire TV or Android TV devices.

If you have automatic updates enabled on your streaming device or Smart TV, you should see the update now.

REMINDER - Everyone should be using the app called Tablo (and not Tablo PREVIEW). All new active development is being done on the main Tablo app and Tablo PREVIEW will be going away later this month.

Here’s what you can expect:

Tablo Amazon Fire TV/Android TV App Update (v. 2.1.2)

• Fix for issue where Live TV grid could show an Unknown Error after screensaver
  • Fix for issue causing player controls to appear when volume is adjusted
  • Improved error messages
  • Other performance improvements and bug fixes

We hope you enjoy this update!

If you have any questions or encounter any problems, feel free to post them below or touch base directly with support.

1 Like

Dolby Digital 5.1 stopped working recently. I have an Amazon FireTv Cube latest version and a Sony receiver. I know it worked prior to the latest FireTv update, is that the problem? Dolby Digital 5.1 works on all my streaming services through the FireTv Cube.

You should probably indicate which version you updated to so that other users can check if they have that version and whether it works.

The FireTv Cube is running v. 2.1.2 of the Tablo app.

Delete the Tablo app from the Fire TV. Reboot the Fire TV (aka power cycle). Install the Tablo app again.

Thanks User86, tried it as noted but no change still no Dolby Digital.

I too have the same problem. First noticed it in January and advised Tablo. They indicated they knew about it but didn’t have a resolution date.

We’re hoping to get that resolved in the next update.

Thanks, I am really missing the surround sound on my Sonos system.

Thanks for the update