New Tablo 4 tuner bad picture quality

Hello,

I just set up my new 4 Tuner tablo today. I set it for max quality 1080P and…the recorded picture quality is horrendous with jaggies all over any line that should look straight.

Am I doing something wrong?

Not sure if this is the same problem you are having, but look at this thread.

For the time being you could try setting the unit to 720 to see if that helps the picture.  Looks like @TabloTV is working on a fix.

That is it, I think. According to the tablo response in that discussion, the fix is due right about now. Any updates? I will wait for a few days, but if there isn’t a fix, I am inclined to send this back.

I would rather not. I like supporting Canadian companies.

They said about 2 weeks before the next firmware release

Can someone at Tablo comment on when we will get the 1080P fix for the 4 tuner model?

We should have more information in the next few days. Thanks for your patience on this!

Sure.  Does 2.1.14 fix this?

No, it doesn’t unfortunately. We’re hoping to have the fix in 2.16. In the meantime, you can set your Tablo to 720 which offers the best mix of picture quality, bandwidth and storage usage. 

Ok., but if you think this will be a long lasting problem, please be honest, because I bought this product specifically for the promised super high quality 1080P picture quality!

We’re working on it and will share more info as soon as we have it. Stay tuned! 

Thanks.