New Roku Live Preview Update - Faster Grid Guide & More

Did I miss it? I know you’ve been busy.

@beastman - Nope, other things have popped up. It’s a busy time of year :slight_smile:

So the Roku Preview channel has been out since May. Shouldn’t it go into the main Roku app at some point. I say this because I’ve had my Tablo for a month and it started getting slower on loading recordings and after reading a few threads here found this thread and loaded the Roku Preview channel and it seems to be much better and faster. Seems you guys would want this one to go live. I mean if I didn’t know it was out there then I’m sure others are using the main app and might be unhappy with it.

KP

1 Like

It is still in development. Once it has all of the features then it will be released.

There are some features in the channel that is in the Roku store that are not in the preview channel version. Once the preview version has everything that is in the channel that is in the released version, it will replace that channel.

The preview version of the channel also has a beta version of still newer features. The beta version works on my Roku 2700x for example, but the preview version doesn’t. The ugly version that is on Roku does work on the Roku 2700x. Not sure if the chirping sound watching live is limited to the beta version or the preview version. The chirping noise when watching live on Roku 3 isn’t present.

Thanks for the explanation. Would be nice if more than one channel could be published, maybe allowing targeting of which players work for it. But I’m sure Roku doesnt want 100,000 channels in their directory.

Do you know how soon?

So, I had the legacy Roku app, and the preview app. The preview app would not play a recording. It would load- the progress bar went all the way to the right, but would never play. This wasn’t a pressing issue as I would just use the legacy app. Now that app has been replaced with the preview app, which still will not play recordings. Please fix! The Tablo and Roku are hard wired. Roku is a 2x. Web app/browser works great still. Just no love for my Roku 2x (I have two, and they’re both broken now). HELP!

What is a Roku 2x?

Can you provide the model number? There are multiple Roku 2s. Model 2720, 4210, etc.

Sorry. They’re Roku2 XS (Model #3100X).

You can install the old channel aka Legacy as a private channel:

https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-roku-preview-channel-now-public/

Thanks. Re-installing the legacy app did the trick.

1 Like

How can we find out when the new Roku app will be fully released?