NEW Maintenance Firmware Release - 2.2.8

Agreed. My point is that OTA signal problems and how each device handles them should be looked at as a big cause of some people’s problems.

1 Like

Mine is a Roku 3

I do not disagree with you here at all. My television towers are dead south of me but I actually point my antenna east because I have a giant power substation about a mile away from me that knocks down everything if I point the antenna at it. It took quite a bit of experimenting to find the sweet spot for television stations but I got it worked out with some work.

1 Like

That’s putting it lightly! I’ve been up the ladder so many times just to rotate it a degree and back down and into the house to check the signal on a direct-to-tv connection, my thighs are starting to look like I actually work out! :grin:

2 Likes

A few years ago my antenna started “stuttering” despite years of flawless reception. Finally tracked it down to a malfunctioning transformer on a pole in the street that the electrical company came and fixed.

1 Like

Another one of those endless variables I mentioned. I have one of those trasformers about 50 feet down the street in-between the towers and me too…hmmm another thing to consider :pensive:

Ohhh yessss…LOL - variables and variable - can drive one crazy! I now consider it a good week when 6 out of 7 days are OK. I stopped looking for OTA perfection last year in order to preserve my sanity.

When my wife says, “Oh look that show has some pixelation” I respond quietly, “Yep” and doze off…

1 Like

iPad Air 2, iOS 9.2, tablo app 1.2.3 (86), tablo is connected via wi-fi not via ethernet cable. when installing the firmware update 2.2.8, must cycle wi-fi on my iOS device off & back on then the tablo app connects to the tablo. received connect ‘pop up’ error at end of firmware update. quitting (via app switcher) & reopening tablo app did not remedy. at some point a fix is nicer than an “error” :upside_down_face::nerd_face:

Did I miss something? As in did I miss release notes for 2.2.9? The reason I’m asking is that I just got an update pushed to me this afternoon - Feb 9th - nearly two months after 2.2.8 was released. Unfortunately I didn’t notice the release number and I can’t check because my Tablo’s LED is still blinking two hours after I clicked “update”.

2.2.8 is the current release. Are you in the beta program? If so, look in that sub-forum for info on any new test builds.

I am not in the beta program. I just received a reply to my support request. Apparently some one made a typo with their MAC address and entered me in the program … Voila, I got 2.2.9 pushed to me.

Still blinking when I left the crib this morning … Hope to get this fixed when I get home.

1 Like

Let us know if tablo resolves this for you. It sucks that a typo can do this.

The fine peeps here at Tablo did resolve my issue. I’ve been advised I can even roll back to 2.2.8 if I want. I’m currently waiting to hear back from support to set up some kind of “remote access thing”. There’s a desire to troubleshoot the cause of my troubles and I’m willing to allow the Tablo team a look into my deepest darkest tv secrets.

Now as far as how I got in the beta program in the first place … Yeah it’s a bit umm … scary.

1 Like