New idea for Tablo support

@TabloTV Has Tablo thought about using Zoom for Tech Support? It would let your customers use my.tablotv.com and share their desktop, which would let you see the picture that Tablo displays. So for exsmple a channel broadcast COURT TV on hannel that identifies itself as COURT TV MYSTERY in the PIP. For whstever reason Gracenote can’t seem to correct my guide information. Yes I have had a ticket open. They basicslly said it can’t be fixed until the PIP is changed. Yet somehow www,titantv.com has the guide data correct.

I believe you’ve had more than you share of guide data issues. This info Seems a bit skewed from what I get. I have channels CourtTV and CourtTV/Mystery. Both are accurate in the guide, probably, I don’t generally watch/record to confirm it’s all accurate - but it looks right.

As for what’s broadcast, the PSIP my TV receives for that channel -

You can see in the bottom right, it’s Mystery channel, on 36.3 but the info they’re sending out still says it’s EscapeTV. So, hows come my mixed up PSIP doesn’t cause Gracenote problems, yet they claim it’s a problem for you…

Here’s the JSON metadata tablo has

http --unsorted tablo2.lan:8885/guide/channels/36
{
    "object_id": 36,
    "path": "/guide/channels/36",
    "channel": {
        "call_sign": "Escape",
        "call_sign_src": "Escape",
        "major": 36,
        "minor": 3,
        "network": "MYS",
        "resolution": "sd"
    }
}

So, it knows it’s identifying as ESCAPE TV, yet realizes it’s defunct and is Mystery and separate from Court TV. Gracenote gets Lineups by postal code – maybe you’ve exceeded your guide data remedy quota :wink:

Court TV isn’t a mess here -

http --unsorted tablo2.lan:8885/guide/channels/37

{
    "object_id": 37,
    "path": "/guide/channels/37",
    "channel": {
        "call_sign": "CourtTV",
        "call_sign_src": "CourtTV",
        "major": 36,
        "minor": 4,
        "network": "COURT",
        "resolution": "sd"
    }
}

My problem is caused because the station used to be ESCAPE. We had 3 of them in Austin, so one of them started broadcasting COURT TV without changing the information. It is NOT ```
“call_sign”: “CourtTV”,
“call_sign_src”: “CourtTV”,
but instead isthe same as the other 2 with ESCAPE and therefore has the MYSTERY schedule. i sent Tablo pictures of COURT TV with it showing COURT TV in lower right and ESC in upper right. Gracenote refuses to over ride the information. Like you, I don’t record them normally. I have my www.titantv.com schedule correct, so i know what is on both. IF I ever wanted to record it, I would need to do manual records because of PIGHEADED GRACENOTE. I’ll try finding the phone number for channel 54 but the engineer might be busy with more important ATSC 3.0 snce they just went live. So far only the .1 channels have shown up in the TitanTV guide, which I hid as they are duplicates for now and I don’t have a ATSC 3.0 TV.

1 Like