NEW Firmware Release (2.2.2) - It's here!

@snowcat such as me :slight_smile: But then you didnā€™t get the fun of various problems we kept from everyone

@jack - not sure if this is some sort of ā€œundocumented featureā€ or what, but when I start live TV, I hit one ā€œskip backā€ to get a few seconds back from ā€œliveā€ and then it plays ok. I usually wind up catching up before a show is over (even after pausing commercials, etc.) and start seeing the pauses again, but on skip back clears it up again. Hope it helps!

1 Like

It appears I got the update, even without any sort of manual intervention. Turned on TV tonight, and took a look, and itā€™s now 2.2.2.

@TabloSupport or @TabloTV I thought no update would happen unless authorized by the user. What could have caused this?

@jack I normally only watch live when away from home (during lunch time). When at home, I have an antenna directly on my tv so maximum programs can be recorded or used to create thumbnails.

So. I got the update. Funny thing about these tablo proper updates. Most of them canā€™t be seen in any tangible sense. The background sync is cool. But that is all I really notice. Looking forward to the table roku update more. Funny thing. 10 minutes after getting tablo update I got a Roku initiated Roku update. I thought to myself. Oh boy here we go again. But all seems working fine.

So whatā€™s the eta on the tablo roku update to get the preview update to have the same features of the old app?

STILL got JACK here. I guess some of us could be staring down October?

Got to say, this new roll out method is VERY frustrating. We should be able to do a manual override if we wish.

That defeats the whole purpose of the staggered rollout. Almost everyone would try to get it right away if that option was there.

I am hoping I get it before Thursday night, because the Titans are playing on a 720P channel that night, so I want to see if the game looks any different.

2 Likes

I think not. The small subset of users who are active here might do so, but I think on a whole it is a very small minority of users who would look for new firmware before the device notifies you that it is available.

@Belgian_Genius -

I guess a week isnā€™t too bad, but it would still be nice to have a button that we can press to check and force an update if one exists. :wink:

My HDD is full, and my new 5TB drive is just sitting in the closet and waiting.

1 Like

You guys are doing a great job and itā€™s very appreciated. Some of us are just getting anxious. Iā€™ve been following this since you blogged about the update on June 22nd. Iā€™m most looking forward to support for 60fps. I love my Tablo. Iā€™m just ready to love it MORE! :smile:

Been running the 2.2.2 update for two days. Looking pretty good so far. Since most of my issues were when the disk filled up, Iā€™m now going to let it fill up and see how it does.

Still waiting hereā€¦ :cry:w

Well this is a fine process, and I am still waitingā€” I do hope that the next update reverses the ā€œrandomā€ order you used this time so I am not always on the end of the list. I have never won the lottery!!! :smiley:

Finally figured this thing out with help from the Tablo folks. The app I have doesnā€™t show the ā€œenable fast tv startupā€ option on my android tablet. When to my computer and unchecked it there and so far itā€™s working fine. Thanks for all the suggestions.

No update yet. Maybe I shouldnā€™t have been so hard on Tablo regarding 5.1, this is my punishment :wink:

Could not agree more with you. The same way there is a ā€œbetaā€ group, there should be a ā€œfirst-releaseā€ group (the users here)

2 Likes

Those that have it donā€™t need to update right away so 100 people could put it off and the all attack the server at the same time.

Or released in order purchased.