NEW Firmware Release (2.2.2) - It's here!

Oh yes, I should add to mine I am at 720 also… I think at 1080 you are gonna see a lot more buffering.

Yeah it’s just a plethora of issues. And I’m slowly migrating from the 1s to the 3s for that buffering reason (and tired of seeing my daughter’s Netflix stuff on mine). I keep watching Craigslist for deals.

Geez…all this nagging snd complaining. One might have guessed this was going on for 5 months or longer. Are you guys telling the truth ?

I don’t see this reloading at all at my house. All these allegations just do not sound plausible to me.

Bet it must be something wrong with your network or configuration.

Why not drill some holes in your Roku to cool it down?

And fix that RF interference coming from Uranus?

Certainly consider contacting Roku also. They are having this very same problem on the Gonzo channel.

And please…remember…the Tablo just cannot misbehave. After all, Roku has this magical closed sandbox which ensures that all apps are 100% correctly programmed…

We should really shut down this thread. All these complainers are beginning to bore me. No doubt they just want to add to the thread count.

Thankfully my Rokus work fine. Except when I fast forward…since April…

3 Likes

Thought we said we would give that a rest :wink:

Just throwing out there that the new firmware works gets on all my devices. I don’t have a roku but have had no issues with my nexus player

And my iPad never has issues at all

My iPad and iPhone have been absolutely flawless. The Roku seems to be “the killer app” (pun intended)

Really intriuging is that the new voice search Roku 3 seems to work way better, based on post above.

This is the most maddening thing…Tablo is a superb product with outstanding features and a beautiful design running across numerous platforms with extremely good people supporting it. It just needs a amall but critical number of fixes to make it truly reliable. It is so very close already.

1 Like

lol…nah you’re right. Guess we’re busted. You and theuser86 seem to have the only two perfect setups in Tabloland. Highly jealous.

I’m also having no issues at all. I did improve the reloading screen that I would get once in a while. I shortened the RG-6 cable by 20ft yesterday from my antenna to the tablo and everything now is rock solid. Watched TV all last night and not one hiccup.

I received the firmware update last Thursday - did the update. I have had no issues todate. Using a Roku 2 4210 wired to my router. The Tablo dual tuner is also wired to my router. My wife watches programming on her iPad mini without issues. I have also watched shows on my HTC smartphone without a problem. Using 720p. Sorry to hear that others are having issues.

I updated to 2.2.2 the other day and am experiencing no issues… My configuration is a 4 tuner Tablo, Belkin N750DB router, and 4 Roku sticks, 3 of the same vintage and 1 different. Tablo has a direct Ethernet connection into my router, while the Roku devices are all on 2.4 GHz wi-fi. Before moving Tablo to a hardwired Ethernet connection, I was having numerous issues, including the inability for the Roku to connect to the Tablo reliably, but virtually all my issues went away after getting Tablo off of wi-fi. Oh, my Rokus have also all been updated to the latest release.

When I scan through the message threads here, I see a common issue reported on one of the new features, and I suspect that there may or may not be a bug with 1080p/60Hz, but there is a workaround for that, so it’s not a showstopper preventing you from using the Tablo. It’s also possible that the issue with 1080p/60Hz may be network related, as that mode requires significantly more bandwidth than anything Tablo did previously, and some routers may not be able to handle the load.

Many of the other issues I see here could also be network related, and some routers may not be as good in this application as we like to think. It’s also possible that unit to unit variations in Tablo hardware over a production run could be responsible for some of the behavior being reported, but I tend to suspect network issues, or perhaps marginal signal strength as seen at Tablo’s input. It would be nice if Nuvvyo could recommend routers that work well with the Tablo, in the same manner they make USB Hard Drive recommendations.

1 Like

I have it set to record quality 720 and what I used during beta testing. My Tablo. FIRETV STICK and Roku are all wireless without any problems.

Yes, it’s when you record at the 1080p quality setting that a lot of problems arise - but the 720p/60 video quality is definitely superior to the 30fps recordings that you get if not using the 1080p quality setting. Hopefully Tablo will straighten this out quickly.

UPDATE: I discovered something interesting. I went into each scheduled timer, clicked edit, then done. Now it appears all my timers are recording fine. If you are having an issue with your timers recording after the firmware update, editing your timers or creating new timers may help get them to work again.

@huff3566 Thanks! I hadn’t noticed yet but it seems none of my manually scheduled recordings had recorded since this update.

Just watched the kick off game with 2.2.2 set to 1080p on my Fire TV without an issue. awesome

wired or wireless? Which router?

Tablo sits right by the router and is wired. The Fire TV is also wired via a 50ft run of Ethernet cable. Other Fire TV in the bedroom is “wired” via a powerline adapter. The router is a Linksys EA2700, I believe. Not home to verify that right now.

This is good news, are you running the latest firmware on FTV (51.1.6.3_user_516012020) ?

Might be time to disconnect the cable modem and router from the living room to the bedroom. The antenna has to be in the bedroom window to get the most stations, so the Tablo is there too.