NEW Firmware Release (2.2.2) - It's here!

Beta never means better. It doesn’t even mean that it’s a build that would ever be used as a release candidate. It’s just a mechanism to get free testing. I really doubt that tablo distributed a list of testable items to the beta testers.

No list but many of us are or have been programmers. Our mission is to try and break it. Nuevo does in house testing prior to beta testers, but sometimes things get by and found as in this release.

I’m still on trial. Will this prevent me from receiving the firmware?

Still no update for me either :weary: with my luck I’ll be the last one to get it

I am looking forward to the update! I’ve had my tablo a little over a year and it keeps getting better and better!

No. You will get it.

Well, I have nothing. Yep. Still. Zippo.

And just to add a little insult, my Tablo which has been running a full 2TB HDD for weeks just took a dump last night.

No thumbnails and constant freezes for me today. :frowning:

Good Job on the firmware release! While I haven’t had a lot of issues since owning the Tablo, this release makes it that much better. Kudos!!

I’m another Tablo fan patiently awaiting the new release. How many get updated per day?

Updated my Tablo to Firmware version 2.2.2 today with my laptop over WIFI and then connected with my iPhone over AT&T (wifi was turned off on the phone). I guess this update did not break my remote connection pairing on the iPhone.

Just got the update notice.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

2 Likes

Looks like it will be another day for me. :broken_heart:

1 Like

@snowcat

Aren’t you a beta tester? The most recent 2.2.3 beta is the final 2.2.2 so you will not be getting an update.

I never did sign up to beta test. I thought I could be more helpful here by just having the base code. :smile:

Just got the new release and so far everything looks good. Will send an update if any issues, otherwise all is well. Thanks for your hard work!

I’m really hoping to get the update soon. still in trial period for about 7 more days trying to sell it to my fiance but the interface is currently so slow. hoping the performance boosts will help with her concerns and we can keep it. Please let me know if there’s a way to force it through so that i can go over it with her once the update is on. Thanks!

I honestly don’t think you are gonna get such a boost for that sale, but just my 2 cents. :wink:

It feels like July now. It must be, since I got the update notice today. :wink:

I can’t install it yet as the family is watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, both of which are sort of sacred to my kid. Oh well, I now know my evening plans.

-d

Open a thread about your performance issue, the firmware before this one is generally quick.

Main issue is the wait for guide data to load, which is directly addressed in the update. So I’m waiting for the update.