NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.12

I have a ticket open. Just waiting for them to get to me.

Kenny

I updated the tablo, now all my recorded shows are missing and the live channels are blank. I rebooted the tablo and the roku. I also rescanned channels and they all show up in search, but not in guide or in scheduled. . What do I do now?
Also, it was strange because the update was not from an email but the app on the roku asking to update new firmware-
, that never happened before

WHY did you start ANOTHER thread when you already posted this verbatim in the correct thread?

Because it was under athe nnouncement thread not troubleshooting and I thought no one saw it since I didn’t get a response.

R U the thread police?

1 Like

Did you read this post by Tablo Support earlier in that same thread?

TabloTV6d
If you are experiencing issues after updating to 2.2.12, the majority of times following this list of troubleshooting tips should resolve the problem: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/208223573-Troubleshooting-your-Tablo59

If your issue is still not resolved, it’s best to contact Tablo Support directly by placing a ticket:
http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Well I thought I made it through the update unscathed, but when i tried to use the my.tablotv.com I can no longer get a connection. :frowning:
Last time I used my PC (with Chrome browser) to connect was pre-update, and it was all working fine.

All else works at it should, with both my E-wired Roku 3 and two WiFi Roku 3s all working properly.

I’ve tried to get my connection back by shutting down my modem, router and all connected equipment, but no luck.
All I get is … “A connection to your Tablo could not be established.”.

This is my third Tablo 4, and this one ‘was’ working very well.
My first one was DOA, and the second one had very poor picture quality (like it was using compression methods from MPEG99! :wink: ) but this one is very near OTA quality, and I’d hate to have to send it back for another one!

Anyway … I submitted a ticket, but I agree with others … Tablo, please provide a roll back to the pre-2.2.12 … :pray:

Just updated to the latest firmware…I can access tablo on my phone, but the roku stick (latest model) is now blank for my recordings. Showing nothing, no guide etc. I’ve restarted the tablo, roku, uninstalled the tablo app no the roku. Nothing. Help!

Hey folks, as noted by a few in this thread, please work directly with our support team if you’re having issues. It’s the fastest way to get up and running - we’re able to check out your Tablo from our end this way.

I have the EXACT same issue. It is extremely frustrating and has made my device completely worthless until it is fixed.

LORD! Did you NOT read what Tablo Support posted 60 minutes before your post!

I did read it. And submitted a ticket yesterday. They have not replied back to my ticket yet. I’m merely commenting on Pethos’ comment stating that I have the same issue as Pethos.

Is anyone else here experiencing serious issues since 2.2.12?

I first got the 4 tuner Tablo when the Apple TV 4 app came out, and I’ve been on 2.2.10 since. The only issue I’ve had with 2.2.10 is the “weak signal” issue where the Tablo would occasionally reboot. I upgraded to 2.2.12 after reading some posters claimed it fixed the issue.

Now there’s all sorts of issues. Randomly, channels that used to come in crystal clear now have serious pixelation and get stuck in a loop. After a few seconds of this, I get booted back to the guide. Often after this, the Tablo will reboot itself, disconnecting from the devices. This usually results in getting “a network error occurred” message when I try to reconnect to the Tablo via my ATV4s. I’m still able to connect with other devices such as my iPhone or iPad, but the pixelation/loop/kick back to guide issue remains on the channel for an undetermined amount of time. Could be 20 min or over an hour before i can access the Tablo again on my ATV4. One time when this occurred, I was recording on 3 channels and tried to acces a 4th channel with my iPhone and got a message stating no tuners were available.

I requested a downgrade to 2.2.10 and support reverted my unit (I saw the version # in settings), but I still experienced the network error at times for no apparent reason. However, when I looked today it showed my unit as 2.2.12 , and the same issues started yet again. I’m pretty sure no one in the household hit the upgrade button since we were all aware of the issues.

No amount of rebooting, cycling or deleting apps have resolved these issues. In fact, after deleting the app on one Apple TV I’m stuck with a blank null app which I can’t get rid of or reinstall.

These issues render the Tablo virtually useless. Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

@TBC007 Are you still in touch with our support team? Let them know the Tablo is acting up again.

And just to echo you here - is anyone seeing similar issues?

Yup, and I reported it twice during the betas.
https://community.tablotv.com/t/new-tablo-firmware-beta-2-2-11/8284/362
https://community.tablotv.com/t/new-tablo-firmware-beta-2-2-11/8284/374

Yes I sent emails over the weekend and set my Tablo to remote access again, but I haven’t heard back yet.

Hopefully you guys can sort this out. Love Tablo when it works, but stability issues are ruining it.

@TabloSupport My recording of Wonder Woman didn’t record the whole thing. I just called and will put it in remote tonight and send email.

Yes. I am seeing similar issues. Waiting for a reply to my ticket still.

Rarely, but I have seen the weak signal/reboot issue as well. First time I saw this was tuning to a station I have set up on TAblo that no longer broadcasts… when I tuned to that channel, Tablo rebooted. I’ve since removed that channel from my lineup.

Next time I saw it was Friday night. had 4 channels being recorded in the 8-9PM time period, all on channels with nice, strong signals. At the time, I was watching one of the channels being recorded. At approximately 9PM, the channel I was watching kicked me back to the live TV guide (I had properly selected the channel to watch it live by selecting the channel, not the show) so I went into my recorded shows so I could catch the end of the show, and when I did, Tablo rebooted. All the shows I had being recorded at 9PM showed 2 recordings, one last one minute and the second lasting the rest of the 1 hour duration of the show, tho none of the initial recordings for each show had anything watchable, but on at least one of the recordings, it indicated a weak signal.

Support,

I noticed there was an update and tested it today. Tablo doesn’t crash anymore but now it doesn’t play live broadcast correctly either.

Every time I select a channel and connect to chromecast it starts at the beginning of the the time when I first connect to that channel.
For example. I connected to channel 13 news at 5pm and watched it on my tablet for a few minutes. Then I connected to chromecast and it started at the same point where I started watching on the tablet. It was behind 3-5 minutes. So I switched back to the tablet and the program was live again. I switched back to chrome and noticed the program started over and now it was 10-15 minutes behind. Then I connected to another channel, channel 2 and the time matched the broadcast. I switched back to channel 13 and it started over at the same point when I connected the first time. Now it was 20 minutes behind. I switched back to channel 2 and it started over where it was when I first connected and now it was 5 minutes behind too.

Its as if a cache isn’t being cleared and I cant watch live tv “live” and there is no way to reset it. Once its stuck it always starts at the same point. Are you aware of and working on this problem too?

BTW I uninstalled / reinstalled Tablo and cleared the cache and memory. This does not fix the problem.

Rudy