NEW Firmware Release - 2.2.10

friend of mine gave me a Roku streaming stick yesterday, installed it and the LPW fest started right away. Live TV, recordings, I would get them every 5 minutes or I could get 2-3 in about 30 seconds.

Put the Roku streaming stick back in the box where it belongs, and boom, beta opens for the ATV4 this morning :slight_smile:

@jayeffgee - Out of curiosity, was this the ‘new’ (black) version or the old (purple) version?

I think it’s the old purple version, I noticed a sticker on the box that says best streaming box cnet 2014 or something.
It must be 2-3 year old, was never used though.

Yeah - the old ones were pretty under powered so that’s not really surprising.

Yep, it’s choppy as hell just navigating through the live TV grid, only that seems to push the thing over it’s capacity.

I guess I’m bound to have a crappy experience with Roku products, luckily never had big disappointments with my ATV’s :slight_smile:

@jayeffgee - The combo of a slower processor and an under powered WiFi antenna definitely didn’t do that version any favors. The new one (black) addresses both of those shortcomings and works quite well although you do get what you pay for, both with Apple & Roku products. The more spendy, the faster the interface will go.

I tried it again and the last time I used it was on my wifi at home. Same thing happened that is showing in the pics.

Jayaffgee, Is ATV4 in beta now or are you justing wishing?

The announcement said next week but some might have it already.

Thanks, were was the announcement? I did not see it.

Yeah… like the team at HQ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are you in the Tablo Beta program?

Continuing the discussion from UPDATE BELOW - Tablo Firmware Beta Sign Up:

Made mistake

@beastman your mistake was posting that link that is now gone ??

The link was in the beta area, so only those with access could have seen it

Like to hear feedback from Nexus Player users re changes in Tablo experience since initialing 2.2.10. Thanks.

Just don’t try to watch something immediately after I finishes recording and you’ll be fine. Watching while recording is OK too but the thumbnails might start being generated prior to your reaching the end of the show. For they do, you might get LPW

Yes! Can’t wait

Ever since the firmware upgrade my WD elements 500Gb drive keeps having to be unplugged and plugged in again. Seems like a rehash of an old problem o never had until now

@gjventurelli Send us a ticket if you’re still having issues!