NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.30

I’m seeing strange behavior with the new firmware, 2.1.30.

Three of my 4 Roku devices can’t connect to the Tablo with the new Roku preview channel, though all 4 connect with the original Roku app. The one Roku that does connect takes a couple of attempts. Two of my Roku’s are identical, the other two are different.

I’ve forwarded the specifics to the Tablo support folks, Roku model no., software version and build for each of the Roku devices, Tablo specs., as well as troubleshooting steps I’ve taken.

The previous firmware release, 2.1.28 worked on all 4 of my Roku’s with the new preview channel initially, then lost the ability to connect, though all 4 have always worked with the original Roku channel.

Anyone else see this hit or miss operation with their Roku devices?

Just went back to the Preview app on Roku and now I get No tablo was found on your network.

I agree! The Live TV grid loading and recording tabs are pretty much instant now on my Chromebook! I’m extremely impressed.

While it is faster on Roku it is still slow and I am done playing the waiting game, I just ordered the Tivo deal.

@theuser86
I also had Gotham set to record and it went for 90 minutes (even though the episode was only 60 minutes). I’d rather it record more instead of cutting the recording short. I watched the recording a few hours after the recording, so I don’t think that your viewing time was a factor.

Clicked to install the new firmware about 40 minutes ago. Tablo STILL says downloading and I am remote to it. Thoughts?

Resolution for issue where new Roku channel occasionally was unable to find Tablo

I had this issue with the previous firmware and a Roku 2, and am still having it with the new one. The non-beta version of the Tablo app connects just fine on this Roku.

I looked at the TiVo deal, it is NOT really appealing honestly. If you break down the numbers it really makes no sense to do it. You midas well get cable TV again then for the $15 a month expense plus one box per TV.

Seriously Tablo is the best option out there, just be patient. I can not stress enough (being a programmer myself) the amount of support and response they are giving is as rare as craping a diamond after you just took ex lax to clean yourself out. There are very few companies that do as good of a job as they are doing and the best part of it all is you pay only once and your done! No monthly fee etc… Seriously I love my Tablo and the company!

3 Likes

This discussion really doesn’t belong under this topic…
But you’re also mistaken on the Tivo deal - It is a 4 tuner Tivo OTA with Lifetime service for $300 (same price as Tablo hardware, but Tablo still needs subscription or lifetime) - no other fees. And yes, you need another box per TV, but in reality, so does Tablo.

1 Like

@C0pyCatter, same thing happened to me. You’ll have to wait until your back at your Tablo to reset it. Once I reset, update took less than 5 minutes. Lesson learned, don’t update your Tablo unless you’re in the same room! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks!

I have one Tablo that is servicing 3 TVs and I can have them all running at the same time. Don’t need one Tablo per TV and also Tablo is a fraction of the price and the lifetime subscription is for the account and not the hardware. The TiVo if you upgrade the hardware or it breaks then you need to pay for the lifetime subscription again. (Unless they finally changed that)

I’m seeing a huge speed increase loading the preview Roku app. Also the recording tab populates faster. Live TV guide loads a little faster. That still need improvement.

Upgrade to .30 went smoothly. I takes 9 mississippi to load the programming grid in the preview app. This is too long.

With the new update the guide loads faster but the channels don’t load any faster. It still takes 15+ seconds to load a channel, which is much too long (Tablo support told me this is normal). Also, when watching a recorded show last night the Tablo froze up a few times and my Roku 3 automatically restarted.

There’s going to be a separate Roku channel update to address this. Stay tuned.

@ocsurf

The Roku rebooting issue is due to a firmware issue on the Roku, they have released a beta that supposedly fixes this. You will have to wait for Roku to push it live.

When he said you need another box per tv he meant the Roku/FireTV/AppleTV that you need per TV.

Most of my scheduled programs reverted to being unscheduled after this update. Is this a common problem for .30? And is there any shortcut to reschedule all my shows? Or will I need to do it manually?

jrecords is correct. I have 2 2-tuner tablos. I use the WEB app to manage both . This happened on both tablos after the update and reboot. I connect to the tablo. Go to recorded tab. Everything is normal/there.Go to scheduled tab. Everything appears that was scheduled. Then I go to TV shows which is set to channels. I notice that a show which should have been selected to record wasn’t marked as such. I go back to the scheduled menu and only the record new shows remain.