NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.16 (old thread)

@TabloTV

1. How is the below supposed to work?

• NEW - Resume Playback for Recordings
    • Tablo will now remember where you stopped watching and resume your recording playback from that point on all platforms

I
was watching a show on the Roku, I exited out, I turned the Tablo app
back on, returned to the show, except it starts from the beginning?

2. This is what I was talking about above "I used to have three columns of shows visible, now that you added the blue scroll bar, I only have two and a lot of white space. Android, Samsung S5, web app"

Screenshot:

Auto Delete.....when selected it only works when the HD is almost full, correct?

@TabloTV Ā I have been recording in 1080 now for a while a.....now there is a 720 for Roku/Chromcast. I use Roku 3 to view, what is the difference? Why would I use it as opposed to 1080? I thought it was stated that Tablo will record at the higher signal coming in if I have it set at 1080. IE if broadcast 1080, record 1080, if broadcast 720, record 720.

@ArtemusĀ I have my Roku 3 wired, but thanks.

@Max,

Youā€™re browser display looks a bit off. Hereā€™s Chrome on MotoX:

@TabloTV,

Thanks for the update. Installed with no issues after the new shows last night.

Looking forward to reaping the benefits of auto-deleteā€¦ because we are hands-off recorders. We donā€™t like baby-sitting the device. Which, makes me also look forward to being able to ā€œprotectā€ a series rather than an individual episode.

Things seem a bit faster across the board. Initial web sync is still pretty slowā€¦ but at least we can watch the cover art fly by.

This morning we watched the news, 720p broadcast, and there seemed to be a lot of discernible compression artifacts in the video (the crud around fine details). Did the encoding setting change for the 720p recording setting? I expect some quality loss with the transcode from MPEG-2 to h.264 - it just seemed a little bit more today. Is that just me looking closer?

@nkouts the new 720p roku setting appears to be a lower quality (medium-low) 720p then the standard one (medium). My guess is that it is to help with streaming over wifi.

@Max,

Youā€™re browser display looks a bit off. Hereā€™s Chrome on MotoX:

Thats how mine used to look pre-update, now itā€™sā€¦ off. Iā€™m also using chrome.

@Max thanks for finding that ā€“ the blue scrollbar isnā€™t supposed to show on mobile, Iā€™ll look into this. Seems Samsung phones lately have been giving the webapp issues in general (playback issues, now scrollbars showing when they shouldnā€™t).

Can you possibly find out which version of Chrome you have running on the S5? And also, is it running Android 4.4.4?
@Max thanks for finding that -- the blue scrollbar isn't supposed to show on mobile, I'll look into this. Seems Samsung phones lately have been giving the webapp issues in general (playback issues, now scrollbars showing when they shouldn't).

Can you possibly find out which version of Chrome you have running on the S5? And also, is it running Android 4.4.4?

37.0.2062.117 and 4.4.2

What about the resume playback from where I left off issue? How do I get that to work? Did I do something wrong?

Is there a way to delete an entire season of a show in one fell swoop, or is this for a subsequent release?

@Flatulator - This is coming in a future release. Iā€™m excited for it too! Stay tuned.

@TabloTV,

I was hoping to see series priority (e.g., season pass priority) in this releaseā€™s smart recording features. Still coming soon?

Duplicate prevention question. Ā 

I had an episode of the Simpsons record last night that had been previously recorded in June. Ā Will this only work if the first showing is from last night forward, therefore I will have to keep deleting duplicates for a while? Ā The metadata is identical for both shows.
Duplicate prevention question. Ā 

I had an episode of the Simpsons record last night that had been previously recorded in June. Ā Will this only work if the first showing is from last night forward, therefore I will have to keep deleting duplicates for a while? Ā The metadata is identical for both shows.

@snowcat - Thereā€™s a few things at play according to our duplicate prevention guru.Ā If the episode was scheduled to record before the firmware update was applied AND no guide population occurred before the episode aired, then the set of things to record would be already established, so the episode would be recorded as planned.

Your guide population should have occurred overnight so you shouldnā€™t see this behavior moving forward. If you do, let us know.

Ok, that makes sense. Ā I have had this scheduled since I have owned the Tablo. Ā Tonight will be a good test since I have all these episodes previously recorded. Ā If it works right, it shouldnā€™t record tonightā€™s episode.

@TabloTV,

I was hoping to see series priority (e.g., season pass priority) in this releaseā€™s smart recording features. Still coming soon?

When you say season pass priority what exactly are you hoping the feature does? We already have conflict management which lets you choose which recording you prefer over anotherā€¦Ā 

@TabloTV
  1. How is the below supposed to work?
    NEW - Resume Playback for Recordings* Tablo will now remember where you stopped watching and resume your recording playback from that point on all platforms

I was watching a show on the Roku, I exited out, I turned the Tablo app back on, returned to the show, except it starts from the beginning?

@Max - Did you hit the ā€˜Homeā€™ button on the Roku remote vs. back or pause?Ā 

@TabloTV, Assigning priority to a series so conflicts are automatically managed. For instanceā€¦ I would put big bang theory at the top of the priority list and antiques road show at the bottom. In the future, antique road show would never be recorded instead of big bang. There may still be a conflict, but it would be automatically resolved by my prioritized list.

@cedarrapidsboy - Gotchaā€¦ So itā€™s an automation feature like auto delete. That has been suggested before and is on the list of requested features but it hasnā€™t been placed into priority queue yet because we do have conflicts to resolve the major pain point.Ā 

Itā€™s something that we will likely do, just not short-term.
@TabloTV 1. How is the below supposed to work? NEW - Resume Playback for Recordings* Tablo will now remember where you stopped watching and resume your recording playback from that point on all platforms I was watching a show on the Roku, I exited out, I turned the Tablo app back on, returned to the show, except it starts from the beginning?

@Max - Did you hit the ā€˜Homeā€™ button on the Roku remote vs. back or pause?Ā 

I hit back. Should I hit home instead?

"NEW - Resume Playback for Recordings

• Tablo will now remember where you stopped watching and resume your recording playback from that point on all platforms"

This is not working on Roku3. I stop go back to the episode screen and hit play again and it starts from beginning not from where I left off.

"NEW - Resume Playback for Recordings* Tablo will now remember where you stopped watching and resume your recording playback from that point on all platforms"

This is not working on Roku3. I stop go back to the episode screen and hit play again and it starts from beginning not from where I left off.

I made a separate thread about it. Ā Were you watching the show on another device before you watched it on the Roku? Ā That seems to cause this particular issue. Ā If you have only watched in on the Roku, it should created a save point.