NEW Firmware Release - 2.1.16 (old thread)

Awesome thanks for the info I will give it a shot.
@brikim the closed captioning coming on when hitting the left arrow is by design with Roku. You can change this by going into Settings / Captions / Captions Mode and turn it off, by default it is set to Instant Replay. You can always turn them on later if you want with the * button

;) 

@TabloSupport Well, I went into one of them and just edited the guide info and hit save. Did not re-scan and that brought all the images back for the signal strength. Of course it also kicked off a new guide download.

Should probably check for changes before starting that :wink:

Intentionally deleted.

Silly question but how do I upgrade the firmware. I do not see any button to upgrade the firmware

Quick question, is there a way to extend shows that come on after a game?  There are some shows, I used to always double the time of on my previous DVR as I knew the game would run over.

I was in the process of moving my antenna outside when I noticed the new firmware. I had all of my channels showing with the original signal strength after the update. I did have to unplug the power after the upgrade to get the “sync” message to go away. After logging in via Chrome, the Sync took about 2 minutes to complete and it’s now working.

My setup is the 4 tuner Tablo, ClearStream v2 antenna, Roku 3 hard wired, and a 2014 70" Sharp HDTV.

@snowcat - I’ve been trolling the community for a few weeks. I noticed your profile pic changed for the better (haha). I was watching the Titans / Bengals game yesterday and was getting annoyed at the pixelation every 15-20 seconds . I was going to wait until I got rid of DirecTV ($175 now per month for everything they have) but I couldn’t take it any longer. Also after moving the antenna outside, all channels are green that are local to me. I’m about 8-10 miles from downtown Cincinnati.

I’m currently watching Gotham on Fox and it looks pretty good.

I can’t do the update as I have all these shows recording now, however I am able to watch BIG BANG via roku 3. A little concerned as the picture is acting like my antenna signal is terrible for some reason.

Stuttering pixelations etc… Previously no issues. 

I hope when I do the update this is corrected. Not happy that my BIG BANG is messed up. Concerned about the previous post on antenna signal’s missing/grey. 

Not happy about the timing of your update…the same day that a ton of new shows come on. Come on… you should have known.

UPDATE: So it appears to be just one channel. Not sure why this is the case…worked just fine. There were two other shows recording…perhaps signal loss?
1 Like

…and my Tablo 4 tuner just rebooted itself at 8:35pm while watching Gotham and recording 3 shows.

@snzkickin did you upgrade to the latest firmware? I had that happen at least a couple times and it is not even a week old :frowning:

I used to have three columns of shows visible, now that you added the blue scroll bar, I only have two and a lot of white space

Android, Samsung S5, web app

@Jestep - Yeah, I upgraded to the latest firmware a couple hours ago. Tonight was the first night that I tried to watch one show and record 3 others at the same time though at the recommended 720p quality.

I might also look into a different HDD though. I’m using a newer WD Passport 1TB drive and may try the WD Element 1TB line or possibly a Seagate.

I wish there was a way to get the shows to start recording again when it came back up.

I just upgraded before my round of recordings tonight.  So far all 3 of 3 recordings having stuttering and pixelations.  We had to move over to using the TV tuner to watch Big Bang Theory and it was fine.  I went back to watch the recording of what we just watched and still stuttering and pixelation.  I started watching Scorpion live through Roku and same thing with stuttering and pixelation.  I have not had this problem at all until this update.  The update also somehow removed my scheduling of Gotham. Luckily there is a reshowing Friday I think.

I will say it is not that bad, just annoying.  But still an issue.

This update truly kicks ass!  Nice Job Tablo!!!

This update is awesome! Some of my highest wants met. One thing I’ve not really seen mentioned is the ability to record a show while watching it live. This is a huge one for me and one feature I miss big time since cutting the cable. Any idea if that’s on the radar?

I record a show all the time and watch it live with no issues.   I’ll start watching it 15 minutes or so into recording from the beginning and can fast forward through commercials via my Roku 3 with no issues in playback or recording.

This update is awesome! Some of my highest wants met. One thing I've not really seen mentioned is the ability to record a show while watching it live. This is a huge one for me and one feature I miss big time since cutting the cable. Any idea if that's on the radar?

+1

Excellent update. I just finished watching Gotham, recorded tonight after the upgrade, and it looked fantastic on my big TV over Roku! I’ve only had my Tablo for a week, but I’m very happy with it. Really appreciate being able to resume play now, no need for me to ever even consider going back to DirecTV. 

Great job on the feature set of 2.1.16, but found a bug in the iPad app or the TabloTV firmware update.

Here is how to see it:

1. Record a 30 or 60 min program but watch it at the same time.
  2. Watch the program for the full time.
  3. Once the program is over, stay on the same tuner on the same channel and watch whatever comes on.
  4. Exactly 5:20 (5 min 20 sec) into watching whatever is on that tuner after the recording is over, the display will freeze and the play button will become active on the iPad Airplay screen. Pressing the play button will not restart the tuner. You have to back up to the channel guide and re select the channel for play to resume.

I don’t recall seeing this prior to the 2.1.16 release but I could have missed it. I suspect it might be related to your new code to allow for show time over-runs, but this is just a guess. Could also be related to interaction with the de-duplication feature that was added? The developer should recognize the 5:20 min/sec freeze point as the key to where the bug/issue is. 100% repeatable on 4 tests in a row.

I guess its possible the app is supposed to work like this? Doesn’t make sense I was watching Live TV while presumably a different tuner was doing the recording?

The web/iPhone app bug I reported last week in which the Airplay disconnects when the iPhone goes to sleep is still present in 2.1.16. Love to see this fixed as I have more spare iPhones to use for TabloTV control than iPad 3’s.

Tried 2.1.16 on iPad 2 to see if the constant (every few seconds) data reloads followed by a total freeze was still present in the new code. I’m happy to report that my on initial testing on my iPad 2 this problem now appears to be 100% gone, making my old iPad 2 useable as a TabloTV controller. Awesome!

My Roku 2XS ethernet connected to my Apple extender router is still buffering like crazy with the update, so I’m waiting to see if the replacement 4T Grant & David are sending me to try solves this issue, or if the buffering is somehow related to the Roku TabloTV and the Roku 2XS itself. 4T is in route so should know by the end of the week.

I’m overall very impressed with the 2.1.16 update. Like the new features with respect to recordings and auto-delete but haven’t had a chance to try them all out yet, but the iPad 2 now working is a huge plus! Well done! I want to thank CEO Grant Hall and David for the great support!

@TabloSupport There is a new option under recording quality called “HD 720p - Roku/Chromecast”. Any idea what this does differently than straight HD720p?

@napercort Naperville, Illinois  if you do not already have it installed.  Install the Speedtest channel on your Roku.  I have comcast Blast at 50mbps but the speed coming through the roku varies.  you need at least 4-6mbps for 720p and 10-13mbps for 1080i.  I upgraded my Rokus to wired via power line and now can watch 1080i no stuttering at all.