NEW Firmware Release (2.1.14)

NEW Firmware Release (2.1.14)
A new firmware release is available for Tablo. Your iOS, Android and web-based apps will notify you of its availability and prompt you to install it. 

This release contains:

• Improvements to thumbnail and cover image art population
  • Improvements to algorithms to wake up uncooperative disk drives
  • Update to remove padding from manual programs per user requests 
  • Numerous other small tweaks and improvements based on your feedback
PLEASE NOTE
  • Do not reset your Tablo during the update process - this can cause faults on your hard drive.
  • When it is powered on, your Tablo checks every 4 hours to see if an update is available. To obtain the update immediately, check to make sure your Tablo is not recording and press and release the reset button once quickly. This will cause Tablo to reset and check for a software update within 5 minutes.
  • App updates for iOS, Android and Roku may take a few hours to appear. 
  • If you initialize a firmware update during a recording, this will cause your recording to fail. You can choose to delay the firmware update, but please try to keep your Tablo as up-to-date as possible to enjoy an optimal experience.
NEW! Tablo Explainer Video
In addition to making Tablo more awesome, our other short-term goal is to keep the cord cutting revolution rolling by educating more people about how easy it is to ditch cable. This is why we’ve created a new Tablo explainer video. If you have friends or family still paying big bucks for TV subscriptions and want to convert them to cord-cutters, please share this video with them!

NEW! - Plex Channel Integration
We’re very excited to announce the availability of the first third-party Tablo app: a Plex channel created by two amazing Tablo power users - Michael Reid and David Van Ronk. With the Tablo Plex channel, you can now access Tablo content via even MORE devices. Read more… 

Tablo Now Available Via Walmart.com
As we look to ramp up sales of Tablo, we’ll be periodically adding new retail partners. This week, we’re happy to announce the addition of Walmart.comThe Tablo 2-Tuner model is now available there for ship-to-home and ship-to-store orders. 

Tablo T-Shirt Contest 
Congratulations goes out to Tablo Community forum user @AndyW for winning the Tablo T-Shirt Design contest! T-shirts featuring his winning design will be sported by Tablo staff at trade shows and will be awarded to Tablo superfans and contest winners. Make sure to join the community and follow us on social media to get details on upcoming opportunities for you to score a Tablo t-shirt! 

Tips & Tricks - Watching Tablo Content on Your Smartphone
Did you know that you can watch Tablo content on your smartphone using the web-based app? Get some tips and tricks on how to make watching TV on your phone even easier on the Tablo blog. (And while you’re there, make sure to subscribe via RSS!)

Tablo User Resources
As always, if you have a question about using your Tablo, or if you need some assistance, we’re here to help. At TabloTV.com/support you’ll find a full user guidetroubleshooting advicea user community forumaccess to support ticketing and more. You can also reach Tablo Support via Twitter (@TabloSupport).

What are the release numbers for the Roku, iOS, and Android apps.

Currently Roku shows v 1.1 b8

Is this the old client app or the current to reflect the TABLO 2.1.14?

Is there a list of: “Numerous other small tweaks and improvements based on your feedback”?

Awesome update!  The “Sync” wait seems to have been reduced to nearly nothing and the thumbnails are loading super fast.  Hi5!  :smiley:

After firmware update had a brief scare as unit didn’t reboot on its own and had it be manually powered off then on.   Deinterlacing of 1080i material is much improved but need to see on regular TV before confirming issue is resolved.   I can’t speak for others, but I would like to see a more detailed change log showing the  "numerous other small tweaks and improvements "

Thanks
....but I would like to see a more detailed change log showing the  "numerous other small tweaks and improvements "

Thanks

I agree a comprehensive list would be nice to keep track of what we need to nag you guys about.  J/K (kinda)  :)

Just noticed “startup section” under settings.  Nice feature as I prefer to be in Live TV most of the time.

Just noticed "startup section" under settings.  Nice feature as I prefer to be in Live TV most of the time.

That has been there for a few releases.

Just noticed "startup section" under settings.  Nice feature as I prefer to be in Live TV most of the time.
That has been there for a few releases.</blockquote>

ha. how come nobody told me!

What are the release numbers for the Roku, iOS, and Android apps. Currently Roku shows v 1.1 b8 Is this the old client app or the current to reflect the TABLO 2.1.14?

Sometimes we release new builds of apps at the same time as firmware, and sometimes not. There will be new releases for iOS and Android coming soon. Your apps will let you know when there’s a new version. 

Is there a list of: “Numerous other small tweaks and improvements based on your feedback”?

Mostly it’s back-end things that make Tablo a bit faster or more organized or are laying the foundation for bigger things to come. Or little UI tweaks (like the startup section) that aren’t big enough to jump up and down about, but just make things better overall. 

We’ll try to be a bit more specific moving forward. :) 

Deinterlacing of 1080i material is much improved but need to see on regular TV before confirming issue is resolved.   

We’re still working on a full resolution for this issue. Stay tuned! 

So just to clarify, will the Roku app also notify of update? Or will we have to remove it and re-add via channel store when the new app update comes in the future?

@guck11 - It will update. The last time around ‘re-add’ was a one-time thing.

@guck11 - It will update. The last time around 're-add' was a one-time thing.

Awesome!  Glad to hear!

Hoping for a more polished and mature UI from the Roku App soon.  UI on iPad is awesome, but just can’t get the rock solid connection from AirPlay over wireless (occasional buffering kills experience).  

A wired connection with Roku so far is hands down the most reliable…aka no noise/chatter from the wife and kids :slight_smile: in priority one.

Damn Apple needs to open up a TabloTv channel on AppleTv.  This would solve a lot of the overhead problems too…

@guck11 - It will update. The last time around 're-add' was a one-time thing.

Just curious if I am not doing something correctly here.  I have removed and reloaded the Tablo app through the Roku channel store on my Roku 3 because I received a message stating that the current app will be unable to accept updates, but despite doing this I continue to get this same message.  Is there a trick to it, like the 3rd time will be the charm?

@TXTABLO Can you confirm that you’ve updated your Tablo’s firmware to 2.1.14 before trying this?

I usually watch on my Roku but this morning I used my iPad to watch a recording while on the treadmill.  I could not get closed captions to come on at all.  Did the previous update only activate them for the Roku?  Or did this update turn them off?

This update didn’t do anything with the amp did it? The reason I ask, ever since the update I can not get one channel to record without interference. I tried live tv via the Tablo this morning on the same channel and it to was having issues with a clear picture. 

Didn’t have this before. Not saying it is the Tablo update at all, just asking. It is a tough channel I admit but all other antenna’s in house pick up without issue and there wasn’t an issue prior to the update.

@napercort Nope, no changes to the amps or tuners. If it’s a tough channel to begin with, the smallest changes in reception can cause distortion if they’re on the wrong side of the SNR ‘cliff’.

@TabloSupport appreciate it. It (NBC 5 Chicago) has all the green dots but for some reason it just started to get “glitchy”. Guess I will tinker with the antenna this week end. Thanks for the reply, just wanted to check.