NEW - App Updates for Android & iOS!

I would love to see iPhone support in the Tablo iOS app … I can view it now thru my PLEX iOS iphone app but have the actual tablo app on the iphone itself would be better…

@ericgus - Have you tried using the web app on your iPhone? It works awesome on mine and it’s an an ancient iPhone 4 (not even S!) 

Yes I have but there are two major issues with the web app …

1. the “sync time” is horrifically slow, it can take quite a while to “sync” before you can even start watching any programming using it… > 5 mins maybe 10mins? (its worse if you havent used the web app in a while … the longer the time the longer the sync wait)

2. you can’t easily use airplay with the webapp on the iphone, I have appleTV’s here on all my televisions and its frankly annoying to have to resort to using the one ipad for playback … where we have multiple iPhones. (for now I am using the PLEX iOS app has a hack-workaround its ok but not ideal)

please alter the iOS app to allow it to run on an iphone  :-) … pretty please with sugar on top…

forgot to mention I use an iphone 5s on an 802.11N network with a hard-wired Tablo directly into the wireless router.
I have also done comparison speed tests with the iOS app on an ipad Air vs the web app on the same ipad and the speed differences are worlds appart and of course there is the airplay support with a native iOS app too…

Thanks for the feedback @ericgus. We can’t easily just allow the app to run on iPhones as the sizing will be all wrong. (You’d probably find the buttons are somewhere off of the screen…) We do realize there are a lot of fans who’d like phone-based apps so we’ll be taking a closer look at this in the future. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the feedback @ericgus. We can't easily just allow the app to run on iPhones as the sizing will be all wrong. (You'd probably find the buttons are somewhere off of the screen...) We do realize there are a lot of fans who'd like phone-based apps so we'll be taking a closer look at this in the future. Stay tuned.

Understandably … thanks for listening to my rant… lol…   :slight_smile:

@ericgus - No problem. Listening to customers is really important and even though you called it a rant, you said, “Pretty please with sugar on top.” Can’t ignore that ;) 

@TabloSupport and @TabloTV: A lot of us have been asking for native phone apps for quite a while now, citing all of the same reasons @ericgus provided and more. The wait for resizing of an app for phones is becoming a problem in my household and pretty soon I am going to have to have to find another solution. If pretty please will keep that from happening: Pretty please!!!

We’re working on something that will help make the web app easier to use and install on phones for the short term while we free up resources to make native phone apps happen. Stay tuned! 

@TabloTV…did you mean, make the web app easier to use? 

Yes! Sorry for the confusion. Edited above.

The android app on Asus Memopad 10.1 HD (ME302c) keeps crashing. Anyone else has this tablet and are facing this issue?

Update. I have been using the new Web App and it has been working flawlessly!

@Navser  I am curious, is the web app saving where you leave off??

It is not for a lot of us

I have a different tablet, but the Android app was unusable.  Crashed whenever I went to the Recordings tab.

Removed it and installed the web app.  The web app works fine.