NEW - App Updates for Android & iOS!

Hey Tablo fans - 

There are now updates for both the Android & iOS apps in their respective app stores. You should be prompted to download them. 

Nothing too exciting in the iOS app to share - just some tweaks to fix little things and to enable some cool things for the upcoming subscription store.

On the Android side, there are much bigger changes that will make the app much more stable including fixes for Chromecast support and to launch videos in an external player which should fix issues folks have been experiencing with the native Android video player.

Cheers!

The Tablo Team 

I didn’t notice any changes on the Android side on my Galaxy Tab 3 tablet.

Native browser - still won’t get past the “connecting…” screen.
Chrome - still just audio and no video
Native app - still no rewind/ff for live TV.

Chromecast streaming still hangs. The app itself is more responsive, but once playing on Chromecast it will freeze randomly.

Big step back for me with this update (TF700T, Android 4.2.1).  The app crashes whenever I try to watch any video, either live or recorded.

This update was a huge improvement for me and my ASUS Android tablet (4.3) with Chromecast.  After watching four hours of recorded content (through the Android app, not the HTML5 app) I only experienced one issue: Chromecast disconnected.  Once Chromecast re-connected the Tablo recording started up without me needing to restart it.  The fast forward/rewind responded within 5 seconds.  Yes, that is still slow, but it was not worth using the fast forward/rewind before.  Our rating: two thumbs up.

Big step back for me with this update (TF700T, Android 4.2.1).  The app crashes whenever I try to watch any video, either live or recorded.

Same here, but with TF300T, 4.2.1

@Pundit @MD2020Vision We pushed out a hot fix for this behaviour - you should see an update in Google Play now.

I finally got the android app 1.1.1 to play a “Live TV” station after rebooting my Samsung Note 10.1 (Android
4.1.2) three times. But, once I went back to the “Live TV”, the page was blank (menu too).  If I tapped on where I thought a channel listing might possibly be, then the channel would show and I could play it. I could not scroll down the “blank” channel listing though, so only the top 4 listed channels available. Weird!  Android app really not working.

@TabloSupport Does Android App 1.1.1 include the latest fix?

@Pundit @MD2020Vision We pushed out a hot fix for this behaviour - you should see an update in Google Play now.

@TabloSupport I don’t see this additional update.  

I’m not sure if there’s a regression here, but I’ve noticed something in the latest Android app:

When scheduling recordings in the TV Shows section of the app, I can only set up a Schedule at the show level (i.e for All or New episodes) once.  If I try to set up a schedule for another show, the “Rec” button at the show level doesn’t do anything until I exit the app and try it again.  Then that will work, but again all subsequent attempts for other shows fail.

Scheduling individual recordings (i.e. at the episode level) does work.  Setting a schedule also seems to work if I explicitly search for a show, rather than browse all shows and make my selection that way.

App ver: 1.1.1
Tablet hardware: Asus TF700T
Android ver: 4.4.4

I’ve also opened a ticket for this with @TabloSupport.

@MD2020Vision My mistake - we pushed out a fix for a Settings page crash. This looks to be specific to a few different types of tablets. We’ve identified the bug and are working on a fix. Can you confirm what kind of tablet you’re using?

@Pundit This seems to be a bug as well - we’re working on a fix! For now, navigating to a different menu (eg. Live TV) and then going back to the TV Shows section will fix the issue and allow you to create another schedule.
@MD2020Vision My mistake - we pushed out a fix for a Settings page crash. This looks to be specific to a few different types of tablets. We've identified the bug and are working on a fix. Can you confirm what kind of tablet you're using?

@Pundit This seems to be a bug as well - we’re working on a fix! For now, navigating to a different menu (eg. Live TV) and then going back to the TV Shows section will fix the issue and allow you to create another schedule.

@TabloSupport  My tablet is an ASUS TF300T.  Somewhat similar to @Pundit And I also have the same problem with the recording button, but I did post that issue either in this forum, or another. . . sorry for the multiple.

@Pundit. . . does your ASUS TF700 still have the problem with not being able to record an entire series?  Mine only works one time.  Then only works again if I Force Stop the app and then open it again.  Then it works just one time as well.  Navigating to a different menu isn’t working for me. 

When do we get a android phone app? Chrome constantly crashes.
Phone running KitKat (4.4.2).

@MD202Vision I haven’t checked lately but I assume it is still there.  Support acknowledged it as an issue.

The android app on Asus Memopad 10.1 HD (ME302c) keeps crashing. Anyone else has this tablet and are facing this issue?

Same problem on a Nexus 10 running Android 4.4.4

I can only use the “Record All” button once per Tablo session. Then I have to back out and start the app again to schedule the next recording. This hasn’t been too much of a hardship during the summer when there’s not much worth recording, but once the fall season starts, it’s going to be very annoying.

Any idea when the bug will be fixed?

@MsMetaP @MD2020Vision @Pundit - We’re working on this and hoping to have a fix in the next release. Thanks for your patience! 

Any update on when you might have the ability to chromecast tablo from an ipad?

Works great from PC/laptop but it would be really nice to be able to do it from an ipad.

Hi @JeffL - It’s on the to-do list but we’re working on other awesome features and UI improvements at the moment. Thanks for your patience!