New Antenna Technology

Hi…a DVR is really helpful and I’ve been using a Channel Master DVR for a while now. It’s not perfect, but it works well enough for my current needs and I picked it up slightly used at a really good price. I wouldn’t want to be without one.

pcb assembly

I bought one of those last year, I love it! Aside from a rudimentary DVR for Antenna channels, it’s a nice little Android box as well.

At the time, they had a $40 Coupon, which I learned about in these forums. Great purchase and I’m still using this. As an aside, it’s also great for the times when you just want to watch TV, as the guide is excellent and switching is Instant.

You can load the Tablo app onto it as well, and then have access to both your onboard DVR and the Tablo live-plus-dvr. Excellent combination.

You can forget all the technical jargon. Only thing that matters is how does it work in the real world? Indoor antennas don’t work for me cause I live near an airport and get a lot of bounce from airplanes. It causes a double signal which bounces around
and leads to pixelation. I forget the technical term for it. Outdoor Antenna fixes the problem. ABC still comes in like crap. Good think I don’t watch it much.

1 Like

Thing about OTA DVRs, once you get past the fundamental recording OTA, they vary dramatically from each other despite the charts. In some respects, its not one is better than the other, it which suits the users needs.

Chanel Master connects to a single TV (or has single HDMI output) and has streaming apps - works for some. Tablo, outputs via network incorporating with many streaming devices or services, to multiple devices - works for others.

1 Like

An antenna is an antenna. Just depends of broadcast frequencies. Old rabbit ears will even work.

1 Like

(or…gulp… a paperclip)

But why have we stopped using aluminum foil extensions on the rabbit ears?

You can’t use aluminum foil on rabbit ears due to climate change.

And you can’t use rabbit ears because it’s the double whammy of fur and meat. No more lucky rabbit feet.

1 Like

Maybe if we used Canadian Bacon, or maybe “turkey bacon” … maybe that would help?

3 Likes

Well, after reading @zippy 's post, I’m gonna try rabbit bacon (if I can catch one).

1 Like

Be very careful if you catch that rabbit bacon, if it bites you, you’ll have to get a rabies shot.

1 Like

Just make sure it’s the right season first!

1 Like

Oh, don’t worry - I’ll use the correct seasoning…

2 Likes

You might want to consult the all-time Rabbit Stew expert!

1 Like