NEW - Android/Fire TV Update (v. 1.0.27)

Good afternoon Tablo fans -

As promised, an update for Android and Fire TV is now making its way into the various app stores. This is version: 1.0.27 and build number 3000347.

Here’s what you can expect:

Fire TV

• Adds manual remote port configuration to settings screen
• Adds MAC address to settings screen
• Adds sorting by episode number
• Fix for issue where show thumbnails remained after all episodes deleted
• Fix for input dialog box (seen on FireTV Stick only)
• Increased timeout value to avoid erroneous ‘Application Error’ messages
• Updates to 404 and 502 error messages to provide more user-friendly feedback
• Fix for sorting order of subchannels
• Speed & UI optimizations
• Other stability and performance improvements

Fire Tablets

Android

• Adds sorting by episode number for Android TV
• Increased timeout value to avoid erroneous ‘Application Error’ messages on Android TV
• Updates to 404 and 502 error messages to provide more user-friendly feedback on Android TV

If you have any feedback, please let us know below!

https://community.tablotv.com/uploads/default/original/2X/2/2b4bf767a230bcae84295b35414b043cf9695672.gif

1 Like

How do you update FireTV app? The app store shows 1.0.27 but I have 1.0.25 installed and no update available.

I updated last nite and it is now very smooth - no repeated repeats on the delete function. Life with Tablo is great - the Roku 3s are working OK with little delay and the NP has always been the best and is now even better. How about working on 5.1 NOW that you have solved all the major problems.

1 Like

If you do nothing, it will update eventually automatically. It just sometimes takes a little time to roll out. Sometimes, you can force an update if you go to My Apps and select the app and the “Update” button is available. (You have to look for the Update button from the My Apps section - you won’t find it in Most Recent or other areas to my knowledge). However, this option usually does not become available until shortly before it will update automatically anyway (at least that is my experience).

If you don’t want to wait, I have found that uninstalling the app and then re-installing it will install the latest version. I don’t promise that it will work every time, I only know that it has worked for me in the past and it worked for me for this update.

I’m excited for the androidTV live channels support! Thank you! We’ve been waiting for this for a long time!!

I need to check that out this weekend!

Now just to sovereign the S7 flashing green. I say that’s more important than 5.1.

I don’t see Tablo live channel. I do see PlutoTV.

Just an odd quirk with Android on a Sony TV. Prior to the update, at the end of a show you’d be taken back to that episode and could delete. Now at the end, you’re taken to the main screen for the series, arrow down to the episode, select, arrow over, delete…

One thing I’m not doing, is going to the very end of the show. I generally quit prior to the 5 minutes of overrun.

I’m seeing that too, on a Nexus Player. But when you’re taken back to the main screen, the Delete button should be highlighted. If you click on that you’re given an option to delete the one watched episode.

I’ll have to check that.

Hi guys - Yes, this was an unintended change. We did a lot of tinkering with the deep down technology behind the Android apps during this last rev which resulted in this difference. We’ll get this fixed for the next update.

Funny - I thought this was intentional. On the FireTV, I used to have a problem (more like an inconvenience) where when I exited the episode and then selected to delete it, a refresh of the recording episodes screen would kick me out of the delete confirmation screen and I would have to navigate back in. The way it works now, that doesn’t happen anymore and I just delete from the main series page rather than the list of episodes.

I’ve been meaning to reply back to this. You are correct, it does default to delete the watched episodes. I kinda like it now that I know how it works.

1 Like