NEW - Amazon Fire TV, Android TV & Android Mobile Update (v. 1.1.8)

The NVIDIA Shield has a 500 GB internal HDD, but yes you can connect a USB external HDD.

You can connect multiple HDHomeRun units as they are Ethernet based devices. So guess your limit would be by the number of Ethernet ports you have on your router (unless you add a network switch). Plus the units support WiFi as well.

You’ll find this helpful:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/226463767-Frequently-Asked-Questions-DVR

Apologies for hijacking the thread. The new Android app works great on my Android Acer 8" tablet. Tablo Connect aka remote viewing also survived the update to v1.1.8 - there was no need for local re-pairing. Thanks - great work!

I thought HDHomeRun was an ethernet device…what are the USB ports used for with it? Haven’t used HDHomeRun since I got Tablo a couple of years ago.

1 Like

My mistake. You are correct. So then using more than one unit would be over Ethernet. From their FAQ:

"Can I add more than one DVR device?
Multiple SiliconDust HDHomeRun (HDHR) tuners can be added from within the Plex Web app, provided you are using version 2.10.5 or newer. "

Using my Mi Box 3 and Pixel XL I am having an issue on the Recordings screen with 1.1.8. The new recordings notifications do not update the first time the app loads. I have the Startup screen set to Recordings on both devices, so it loads directly to this page. If I navigate to Settings or some other page and then go back to Recordings, the notifications update. This was not an issue on either device before 1.1.8.

My Roku doesn’t have this issue.

1 Like

Interesting bug.