Need to reset often Or risk failed recordings?

I have had my tablo recording and on for over a month now since I got it without any problems until last night.

So the wife was watching a show recording from tablo via a roku box and all was well. She said when she was done she tried to delete it but it just kept spinning and she turned off the roku and didn’t think anything of it. (Oh and she for this mention this to me) so I connect this morning and can’t even connect until I do a reset of the tablo. Well I connect and see all my recordings from last night failed because of a “no hard drive” error.

So the question is if I reset my tablo like every other week or something like that could that prevent this from happening or would it hurt the machine?

What is the make and model of your HDD?

Some suffer from an HDD disconnect issue.

@theuser86 I have "Seagate Expansion 4TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB4000100) " I think I read that this was a recommended one on some long thread somewhere here, which is why I got it. I haven’t had a problem for over a month and everything was running so smoothly. Hopefully this doesn’t keep happening.

thanks for your help!!

Well the only recommended drive above 2 TB was the 5 TB Seagate if I remember correctly. Can you connect it to your computer and update the firmware on the HDD?

@theuser86 will that delete my recordings??

Nope