Need tips for connecting to Tablo while traveling

We’re traveling in our RV and trying to connect to Tablo on various WIFI networks.
WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESN’T WORK:
WORKS:
Tablo works on my iPhone if I’m not using WIFI and have an acceptable cel signal.
Apple TV works if I use the iPhone as a hotspot using the cel signal with WIFI turned off.

NOT WORKING
When I try to connect to Tablo using various WIFI networks as we move from campground to campground.

Many times we’re camping in areas with very poor cel service but WIFI options.

We have a Tablo app on our Insignia - Roku TV and we have an Apple TV box on another TV (with a Tablo app on it). We would like to figure out how to get those TVs working on various WIFI networks.

Suggestions?

Get a Wifi Ranger or similar device that maintains a stable Wifi network in your RV. Connect the Tablo, TV, and any streaming devices to that Wifi network. Then connect the Ranger to the Wifi at your campground (or wherever).

Is this that your tablo is connected to home network via WiFi and you using mobile data /cell signal via iPhone to connect to it? …or are you connecting to a cell signal via WiFi source/hot spot via your iPhone?

We use something like this when traveling, which can be especially useful when connecting to wifi networks at hotels, etc.

If you connect all of your RV devices to it, and then connect the little router to the campground wifi, the router can share the internet connection like a little hotspot. There’s even one Ethernet port that could be used for the Tablo if desired.

Maybe it could work in your situation.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.