Missing channels in canada

I’m in Montreal and channel can’t get all tv Guide as my Samsung smart TV.

Here are the guide i get:

2-1 CBFT-DT TV GUIDE OK
3-1 WCAX-HD TV GUIDE OK
3-2 MOVIES TV GUIDE OK
5-1 WPTZ-HD
5-2 THECW
5-3 METV
6-1 CBMT-DT TV GUIDE OK
10-1 CFTM-HD TV GUIDE OK
12-1 CFCF TV GUIDE OK
15-1 CKMI-HD TV GUIDE OK
15-2 CKMI-SD TV GUIDE OK
17-1 CIVM-HD TV GUIDE OK
29-1 CFTU-DT TV GUIDE OK
33-1 VPBS
33-2 VPBS+
33-3 CREATE
33-4 WORLD
35-1 CFJP-DT TV GUIDE OK
44-1 WFFF-HD
47-1 CFHD-DT TV GUIDE OK
57-1 WCFE-HD
57-2 WCFE-SD
57-3 WCFE-SD
62-1 CJNT TV GUIDE OK

Thanks for your help.

Hi. You need to open a ticket with Tablo support and provide them the list of stations and your postal code. They will get the guide data updated for your location.

LOL, a support ticket. That’s a good one.

From the list you provided it appears you mentioned stations that are broadcasted from the USA. I was under the impression OTA guide data provided in Canada is only for Canadian stations per CRTC and the ones provided for USA zip code based residents are provided by the FCC. Neither are required to provide stations for the other country for OTA but they are for paying cable tv customers. If the Tablo OTA guide subscription offers both no matter if you reside in the USA or in Canada that would beat companies like TIVO and Channel Master.

First, we already receive over the air US channel in Canada.
Second, our Samsung smart TV already receive TV guide from those channels.
Third, Burlington and Plattsburgh TV stations are broadcasting and addressing publicities for both US and Montreal customers. They speak french also.

Then, why will you sell your tv guide service in Canada without the US tv guide?

In that case, how can we use the Tablo receiver with the tv guide already broadcast by all the received over the air tv channels? (I mean, the same tv guide that is received and decoded by our Samsung smart tv)

1 Like

There are others here that live in Canada and I believe have have Table EPG for US and Canada stations.

It’s seems that some in this community believe that Tablo recorder do not offer tv guide for all over the air channels (US and Canada together). That mean, if you want to record US channels in Canada, your only way is by using this receiver without subscription with only a 24 hours tv guide.

I prefer waiting a answer from the support service before sending back my receiver.

1 Like

Their guide provider associates channels based on zip code. You tell them what channel you receive and your zip code and the guide provider fixes it. I believe both US and Canada stations. I could be mistaken. @TabloTV are the channels for both US and Canada included if you live where both are received.

You are write, like you can see, I already get US tv guide from a Burlington channel WCAX by using my postal code (canadian zip code). It should by possible to get all the other US channels the same way.

Yes, I am in Toronto and receive stations both here and in Buffalo NY. Tablo Guide data is provided for all the channels I receive.

I had a problem with the guide data for one Canadian station, it was showing the data for a US station that was a little outside my reception area. After opening a ticket with Tablo they had the guide provider correct it.

Thanks guys, this make me feel better. It’s logical to get guide data from both frontier side like I get already those on my smart tv.

Try using a postal code closer to the US stations you’re not getting. The guide provider might not think those are available at your location.

I got the same idea, but I’m in a very good location to get that mush stations and I’m afraid that if I change the postal code, it will reduce my guide list.
I prefer to wait an answer from the support service like they suggested me. I have send them my MAC address, my postal code and my guide list. They have all they need to make it work the write way.

Be prepared to wait for 14 days or so from the time they contact the guide provider on Monday. Maybe you’ll be lucky since they aren’t new stations. I’m just saying how long mine usually take.

have you tried www.titantv.com? I don’t know if they do Canada or not, but you could try. Then you can schedule manual recordings while waiting.

Have you tried entering a different postal code? I’m near Mtl and uses my old pcode h1n1e3 and I get all the data from the us channels you mentionned (except for 57)

Edit: Your location has no impact on the channels Tablo will find, only the guide data might be impacted.
I did try to open a ticket with them to use my own postal code and was told it would be added but it never happened

I confirmed the American programs do not display even after refreshing the EPG and rescanning the channels. The actual stations do show in the channel list just not the programs in the time schedule which excludes those from being able to record. The OTA EPG data doesn’t appear to show the USA stations for Canadians. I’m wondering for paid subscribers can the Tablo team update my.tablotv.com to have the Tablo download both the Canadian and USA EPG for channels accessible to those residing close to the Canadian/USA boarder?

Open a ticket and give them your zip code and the stations that are missing data.

You have to wait a while after entering the new postal code ans scanning your channels.
The channel you already had the epg will instantly populate, but the “new” ones may take up to 1-2 hours to grab the info

out of curiosity, what is the brand/model of your antenna and how’s your reception of tva 10.1?

@pepinlebref Send us a ticket, and we can have the guide data added in a few days :slight_smile: