Manual recording - is it really as easy as it should be?

Hi all,

New to posting but not new to following these forums. I’ve been doing a lot of research on Tablo and Tivo and I’m just about ready to buy a Tablo. I haven’t spent weeks reading every single post in the forums so I apologize if this question is a repetition of a discussion that was already held.

Question: Is manual recording on Tablo as easy as an old-fashioned VCR: just tell the machine “record channel 6.1 from 8:00 to 9:00 pm every Tuesday”?

Reason I’m asking: I would get the subscription for listings with Tablo. On Tivo you have to have a subscription in order to record anything. Not that I wish any bad luck to either company, but if Tivo goes belly-up then their products turn into expensive door stoppers. If Tablo folds then the manual aspect should still work. Major advantage for Tablo.

(There has been a lot of chatter about the long-term viability of Tivo, especially since they were acquired by another company earlier this year.)

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Yes, you just set it up for “once” or repeating, select channel, start time and duration. Don’t use it often, but it has always worked for me. You could just titantv guide and not but the subscription.

@76Trombones - This blog post should be helpful for you: https://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-how-setting-manual-recording/

Thank you.