Make Tablo like the new AirTV DVR and Integrate the Guide with others (old thread)

Let this be an example for all new posters on how not to act.

1. Reacted to old thread
  2. Instead of asking a question or giving helpful advice, the poster attacked another poster (basically called him stupid).
  3. When the poster was called out for his actions, he reacted with “the forum is against me so this community must be bad” and then quit. He also complained that other forums treat him badly…wonder why… :roll_eyes:

Thanks to the rest of you for helping out.

3 Likes

The fact” – everyone else is wrong ! :stuck_out_tongue:
An individual’s point – has now been proven :face_with_monocle:
…about everyone else, of course. The fact they point out what everyone else is doing wrong is relevant :smirk: …even though it may just be their own opinion, as others’ are irrelevant :dizzy_face:

Dude seriously? Why keep this going? You already run me off. Just stop talking to me. What a jerk!

Yes let this be an example to new posters. Careful what you say or everyone here will go on attack until you don’t even care to participate in any of the forum anymore

Also this is the first forum I’ve had a problem in, but I have seen this kind of let’s gang up on someone because we don’t like what he said reaction. It’s actually quite typical.

Misunderstanding. Ask PercentDiskobot to take you through the new user tutorial.

My reply was specifically to @bbaorbb so as not to bother with you. I won’t jerk you around with the details so you can tell the difference :poop:

I just find humor in the righteous indignation when I’m board.
Everyone else is mean… I can say it, because I’m right - it doesn’t make me mean saying mean things about mean people – they need to know and I’m going to get through to them!

I started this Thread Two years ago, cant believe all the miss understandings.
All I was asking for is options.
I am looking for something that combines into ONE Unified TV Guide

1. Live Over the Air TV like from a Tablo or HDHomeRun
  2. Live Pluto Channel and anything similar
  3. Live Cable LIke Live Channels like from YourTubeTV or Hulu.
  4. Ties in the DVR for the OTA live recordings and Live Cable like channels like links to YourTubeTV or Hulu

I tried the Sling Hardware but was looking for something else.
I know the Tivo 4k Streamer is trying
I have tried the FireTV Recast
I also looked at the new ReelGood app that gives one list for all on demand shows.

Cants seem to find a perfect patch so just looking for other options others have tried.
Thats all, no point to argue

What about that new Sabrina Google TV device coming soon, will they integrate it all?

I can appericate you desire for a one-stop-shop. If this were created, where would that leave those who have been waiting for a decent straight up OTA DVR? Tablo fills need, reasonably well. To be all things to all people is… well who can do that?

I’m not holding out hope Sabrina will be the device to integrate it all because I think the whole point is the different providers ALL want THEIR stuff front and center. Sabrina is likely just the next tweak to Android TV but running on smaller hardware than has been available before (although the Shield TV tube may be a close second) and not a full on integration of all the things you mention.

Devices like the Shield TV allow you to quickly access the different things you mention but nothing currently available or in the near future comes close to what you are asking for in my opinion. Plex might offer a slightly more centralized set of options but still doesn’t really tick all your boxes.

BIG UPDATE
I see FireTv has just added integration YouTUBE TV into the Live Row and Live Gude along with the Live Recast OTA DVR box (like Tablo) AND Pluto TV and Red Bull TV live channels.
I am trying it now.
They also plan to add Hulu and more into the FireTV LIve Tab and rows and Guide.

The FireTV live guide is just SO SO, but at least it is there.
Now if they can just integrat in Rablo we would not be locked into ReCast

I really think more will start doing this. Roku and Chromcast Sabrina. Tablo needs to pick a vendor and integrate

So there shouldn’t be an option for users that just want an OTA DVR? There are those who just want to record over the air broadcast - there are no “vendors” involved – cost savings, including privacy.

Is it really possible to just “pick a vendor”?

1 Like

There must be a miss understanding.
I am saying leave Tablo just like it is now for those like you that want that
–AND–
Also pick a vendor like Youtube TV and merge the Tablo Guide and DVR into theirs or the other way around for those that Pay for Cable like Cord Cutter Services like Youtube, Sling, and HuluTV
THey could have charge a monthly fee for this integrated guide say $2 a month and make even more money (or include it in the premier package Tablo offers).

I still think Tablo is by far the best tuner out there, they just need to expand into more integration and grow.

Just looking to cut the cord. I’m trying to make the transition as easy as I can for my wife and an integrated guide that offered my over the air channels and my new Streaming channel would be wonderful. Instead of switching inputs and having to open two different guides, which would be a real turn off for her, she’d just like one guide. I like what I see in the Tablo Quad, but when I see the ease of use that the integrated AirTv 2 has with Sling Tv and how the Fire Recast TV 4 tuner integrates with Multiple streaming services that makes them a more user friendly option for her, I have to consider what is best for her.
Will Tablo ever offer a similar ease of use service?

I can’t imagine them ever doing so. The Tablo apps are self-contained like Netflix, ESPN, etc.

With the evolution of ATSC 3.0, and the encryption of channels, rumor has it that the “premium cable content” will be available over the air with subscription, which would allow for many (if not all) of the channels available over the air. What this means is the possibility of Tablo having access to those channels.

Of course, this is still rumor at this point. Until it goes live, it is all speculation.

ATSC 3.0 premium channels have been on at least 4 stations for a while. These stations use or are in a busiiness relationship with evoca. So it’s all a game of having a business relationship that works for all parties.

Thank everyone. I was just wondering if there was any plans that Tablo might work with some of the Streaming services like Philo, Paramount+ and others; Like AirTv2 does with Sling or Fire Recast Tv 4 tuner does with a fair amount of smaller streaming service providers.

My wife loves the Hallmark channels, Food channel and HGTV channel; all of which I can get with a subscription to Philo. I would like 1 channel guide that would show my ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox local channels from Tablo and under that, my Philo streaming channels. It would be nice to see this all in one guide, rather than having to toggle between the Tablo app and the Philo app.

I was just wondering if Tablo will ever provide the same type of integrated channel guide that AirTv2 and Fire Recast Tv appears to have. Thanks again for the information