Loose metal plate inside the Tablo

I bought mine from Amazon in April and have the same problem. 2 square metal pieces clanging around inside. Now it doesn’t work when a HD is attached.

After over a year this is still happening. I ordered my first Tablo thru Newegg and it had the rattling plate. I plugged it in and it seemed to work ok, but I decided to return it for a new one. They were happy to replace it, but after waiting two weeks on the new one, the new one had the rattling plate as well. Rather than returning again and waiting another two weeks, I found this thread, pushed the plate back on the sticky pad, was trying to figure out where the plastic goes that reflects the blue light on the front. I then noticed the board was not even plugged in where it connects to the frame. I plugged it back in, then finally figured out how to set the plastic piece in the front of the unit with the flat part sticking out of the frame before closing the unit and screwing it back together. Seems to work fine now, but still updating software, the real test will be later today.

@prycensharon It’s really bad luck that you had two in a row! We generally don’t recommend cracking open the box to fix it yourself (though we get that this shouldn’t happen at all!) - we much rather replace it for you. Don’t hesitate to send over you receipt to us in a ticket, and we’ll set you up with a replacement.

Can I hold on to the old one while you send me a replacement? Just don’t want to go another two weeks without it. We were excited about using it and finally got this one set up and working.

Of course :slight_smile: just send us the details!