Looking for some guidance for a better experience

I doubt it’s your antenna, if you connect your cable to your tv directly do you have reception issue?

If you can’t test it, have you tried to run tablo on a pc or any other device that isn’t your roku? If it works fine on other devices this would mean the issue is between your network and Roku

1 Like

My wifi-connected Roku experience improved dramatically when I upgraded the router to the Archer C7 (I heard about it in this forum).

2 Likes

@Jmyler I know this has been mentioned a few times already - but is the Roku 3 definitely on Wi-Fi? Is it possible to temporarily try Ethernet? The biggest thing this would reveal is whether or not the root cause of the issue is a bottleneck on the network or not.

Tablo has a 4 way splitter inside it. How is tv with antenna hooked directly to it?

It’s definitely on wifi. I’ve been testing the connection with the speed app and vudu tester and it seems to be fine. Vudu always says that it’s maxed out (which I think just means 10megs or higher). The speed test channel is typically from 23-30ish megs. I haven’t tested when I experience the issue however. It’s very likely that my internet fluctuates wildly but to my understanding LAN is what would effect the tablo.

I don’t know what you’re getting at here. Basically my antenna is connected via one lone coaxial cable directly in to my Tablo. If the signal is split after it enters my Tablo then that is a constant for all tablo set ups and isn’t relevant to a troubleshooting exercise.

If weak (but ok for TV directly) it could be unusable for Tablo.

@Jmyler The signals would have to be right on th edge for this to be a concern.

I know you’re on Wi-Fi - can you try Ethernet temporarily?