Looking for a good Hard Drive

Any content on any drive connected to Tablo, where that content is listed in Tablo will play that content. Only real problem I’ve found would be wasting time trying to play listed content that isn’t physically on the drive. I will be using Tablo Explorer to backup most existing content from the original drive and from a drive copy that will be moved back to the original drive after the existing content is backed up. In all of this, it really doesn’t make any real difference to me how Tablo indexes content, as Tablo Exporter is using the actual physical drive content for it’s backup. I am not watching content played back using the Tablo at all, but when I do swap the drives around, I will have a look and try to play content back at that time and comment back here.

Cool - thanks!

As long as you can extract the contents off the first hard drive after replacing it with a second hard drive, that’s great news.

That makes me wonder if the drives would work connected to a USB hub.

Tablo’s controller is very persnickety so I really doubt it.
-Rodger

LOOKING FOR GOOD HARD DRIVE??

Go AMAZON… Search for 3.5" 4TB Hybrid Drive. Your looking for 7200 RPM &

Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST4000DX001)

Now you have a choice. Get an enclosure, or get a Dock.

I suggest a dock, as you can then replace the drive as it is plug & play. You just want to make sure i is a USB 3.0

I have been using these for years, and with MacSales.com been using a firewire Dock, using it to clone 2.5" Hybred Drives to clone my internal when replacing it etc.

That was the first one that came up on Amazon. You can get makes and models off Amazon and then search for your best price wherever.

The POINT IS you want a HYBRED Drive, giving you SSD speed when reading, so when you are streaming it is less work for the Tablo, and the Tablo never waits on the drive…

WRITING will be at NORMAL 7200 RPM writes speed.

I am not endorsing product i am endorsing a technology & SPECS:

HYBRID.

Solid State Hybrid Drive (SSHD) kit, you can experience SSD-like READING performance for a fraction of the cost.

MAKE SURE IT IS:

7200 RPM
64MB Cache (1-4TB)
Hybrid
sata 6 0 gb

I would warn you for being cheap and only getting a 1 or 2TB Drive as when you do cost per MB the little bit more buys a whole lot of future.

Have fun
lee

1 Like