"Loading, Please Wait" issue - Is "Hope it gets fixed in the future" really the only solution?

Another quick add… If looking at the bands being used, be absolutely sure your choice sticks… First time I changed it (before turning off smart connect) and it did not correct the issue, I dismissed it as the problem. But as said above, it QUICKLY changed back before I could get the channel up and start a stream.

Oh and just my opinion here, I am convinced the Wifi remotes of the Roku 3 & 4 are part of the problem. When searching for wifi signals on the same channels as our, I noticed as I walked by the Rokus it would pick up the Wifi remote and for some weird reason the Roku kept trying to set them to the exact same band & channel as what the Roku was using to connect to the home Wifi… That cant be good for signal quality!

Either way though, whether its the Wifi remote or simply that the 5Ghz can transfer data faster, my problem was resolved by working around the “Smart Connect” and forcing a single channel & band for the Rokus only.

I might have to give that one a try too.

I use the same 751 antenna which despite it’s nice compact size has proven to be a winner both in performance and cost - about $45. I’m getting 100+ channels with rock solid 90-95% signal strength here in the LA area. Roof mounted approx 30 ft above ground level feeding quad shielded coax to a 2 way unamplified splitter. If you’re lucky enough to be located where all transmitters are in the same direction a unidirectional yagi type such as this is best for maximizing signal strength while minimizing extraneous rf interference. All amplified indoor antennas I’ve tried proved worthless although I am just 40 miles from towers.
A good Tablo experience begins with a good antenna system.

Mister_ELK
looks like you’ve got enough replies to keep you busy for a while exploring all possibilities.
Just a matter of moving down the chain one link at a time starting with your antenna system which depending on your location, does not necessarily need to be elaborate. If your TV has an option for monitoring signal strength then start by feeding your signal directly to the TV input. This will give you a general idea of what your antenna is capable of. You must also be aware that some of that signal is going to be attenuated when connected to the Tablo.
Roku is the most popular streaming device used here and it seems that most if not all of the issues due to faulty firmware updates have been resolved. I have had great success using wifi with the Nexus Player which unfortunately has been discontinued limiting current availability. My modem/router is a Motorola Docsis series, a holdover from my cable days and has proven to be reliable. Much controversy about Chromecast suffice to say that the general consensus here is that there are better options. You can research recommended hard drives within Tablo sites.
I’ve personally had a few bumpy moments but all told its been worth the trip. Good luck.