Loading, Loading - Enough Already!

Well, the latest is … tech support is supposed to ‘remote login’ to see what is going on with the loss of channels and the inability to use the Ethernet port on my network. :slight_smile: Hope they find something in the error logs.

The issues you are reporting sound really screwy. You said this was a replacement unit… the first one did the same thing?

VegasSteve,
The first unit had ALL the channels working but the Ethernet cable was causing the problem with no Live TV and no cover art on shows in the guide. As soon as I switched to WiFi, everything worked great.

I think the Ethernet cable issue has been resolved using a couple of Port Mapping rules on my WiFi router setup. Everything works now using WiFi connection or wired Ethernet cable connection to the LAN.

Tech support has not gotten back to me yet with the results of their investigation yesterday relating to the missing channels on the VHF section of the TV stations. THis happened so suddenly and with any intervention on my part, I think the tuner is caput. Hope to get a resolution today.

I offered to run up to our local Best Buy to pick a new unit up at the sale price of $99 (instead of $139) - if Tablo tech support would reimburse me for the purchase. :slight_smile: Grab some popcorn while the show continues - LOL.

T