Linking of two or more Tablos

Four isn’t enough!.. I know that sounds crazy but where we live, I have 99 channels found in a channel scan. The result of that is MANY more possible things to record and watch at a later date. Several times, I have run out of tuners. I know I could add a second Tablo and that made me think it would be neat if a second (or more!) Tablo(s) could be added as a “slave” to the master. That is to say the system would look as one BIG Tablo… in the case of two Quads, 8 possible recordings at once. That would make the user interface much more “user friendly” in my opinion.

To me, that would be much better than having to switch Tablo’s to record or watch.

1 Like

Those are dated terms (to say the least), perhaps primary and secondary.

Steve,
My tool (APLTablo) allows you to manage multiple Tablos in a single interface…it doesn’t allow you to tell it to record 8 things at once, but if you tell it to record on one and you see it as a conflict, right on the same screen, you can tell it to record on the other Tablo without any issues :slight_smile:

Primary and secondary are not the same. They are talking about single view and control. That is basically what a master tablo unit might provide.

I have 3 units and really don’t need the feature. But it could always be optional.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master/slave_(technology)

The terminology has often been replaced with something different because the terms “master” and “slave” refer to the practice of slavery.

“Main” & “Secondary” has been proposed, enabling reusable interpretation of the remaining acronym labels for connecting.

One alternative for databases is “primary” and “replica”, which is used in the documentation from IBM,[5] Microsoft,[6] Engine Yard,[7] Amazon Web Services/Amazon Relational Database Service,[8] and ACM[9] as well as in Python,[10] Django,[11][12] Drupal,[13] CouchDB,[14] Redis[15] and MediaWiki (which still uses “master”).[16][17]

The funny thing about your post is that my wife and I spent over 20 years working on database software. Some of which was at IBM working on active/active, active/secondary, and dual active database software.

Where is the software that provides the unified view? Maybe it done by magic.

1 Like