UPDATE BELOW - Tablo Firmware Beta Sign Up

For we newbies to these cryptic notices, does that mean that the ‘current’ Beta to which this thread refers is closed and those who didn’t participate in this one WILL participate whenever the next one begins. OR, new signups for this Beta will be included when the next dot release comes out Shortly!

Sorry - should have been more clear.

We are in a beta right now. Unless you are added to the list by support because you are experiencing issues, you will not receive it and must wait until the next beta begins.

Ok, now I got it. Thanks.

Oh. I can assume (:wink:) my chances for the Apple app beta just went out the window with my chance for this firmware beta?

That will be a separate sign up.

“Will be” …which means there isn’t a sign up, currently?

Forgive me for being dense.

That is correct. The sign up will be posted when we’re ready for that step.

I was signed up yesterday for the 2.2.9 beta firmware; however, I don’t have access to the forum. Is this the correct forum?
https://community.tablotv.com/t/new-tablo-firmware-beta-2-2-9/6199

You should have access now.

How close are you all to finally releasing the 2.2.10 firmware? I don’t remember ever having a beta last as long as this one.

We’re going to a longer cadence for updates now, but this is lasting a little longer than we’d like. We’re working through testing some changes to the deep guts of the Tablo so we want to make sure that 2.2.10 is as solid as 2.2.8.

Aiming to get something out in the next few weeks.

I like your thinking on this. Now that most of the really serious problems have been solved for most people it will be good to get out of the panic mode and spend more time on improving the product and adding some of the feature requests. I have not had any serious problems now for about 6 mths and we are very happy with Tablo and its performance. I have about 1.25TB recorded and we watch about 2-4 hrs a day with NO commercials. Luvn it!!!

Thats because they have never rewritten the Kernel before :wink:

Didn’t they have to rewrite it to accept hard drives greater than 2 GB?

1 Like

Actually i have no idea, just jerking your chain.

1 Like

I would like to take part in beta firmware

Hey folks - We’ve just added a bunch of you who’ve recently signed up to the latest firmware beta. You should now have access to the beta forum as well.

I now have the beta but i don’t have access to the beta forum. Can I be added please?

Fixed @Bill_Coffey