Kindle fire App

with the Fire I’m able to use the browser and connect to the web app. I assume it works since did not do anything with it yet. I was told you are working on a fire app. What will the fire app be able to do that the Web app can’t? I assume it would have scheduling conflict resolution where the web app does not. Is it what would be needed to play any of my recordings on the Fire? What else if anything would I have to look forward to with a Kindle Fire app?

I’d be interested in seeing how the Tablo performs on fire with web ui. Can u shoot a quick video?

@a9erfan - Interesting, we’ve got a FireTV at the office, we’ll have to give it a whirl today. Have you tried playing any content?

We aren’t yet actively working on an app for FireTV but it’s definitely something we’d like to look at. 

The intent would be to rework our Android app for the D-pad style environment (vs. touchscreen) so you’d have access to all of the goodies in the Android app including conflict resolution.  

I think there is some confusion here, due to the similar naming of products from Amazon.  Amazon makes tablets (the Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Fire HDX), and the new streaming box (Fire TV).  My understanding from a9erfan was that he used the web browser on his Kindle Fire tablet to connect to the Tablo, not the Fire TV streaming box.  Personally, I would like to see the Tablo app in the Amazon app store for use with the Kindle Fire tablets, as we have two at home.  I would also like to see Tablo work with the Fire TV box, as I’m interested in getting one, but only if there is Tablo support.

I hope I didn’t confuse things further : )

Aha - yes, perhaps that’s it. 

If that’s the case, yes we do have Kindle Fire TABLET app that’s waiting on approvals in the app store but in the meantime the web-based app does work in the Amazon Silk browser :D 

Yes the discussion was for the Kindle Fire I have a HDX. I think the Fire TV would also be a good idea. If Amazon can optimize more for their prime I just may buy one. 

I think we need to start protesting the Amazon store to get the app approved....

On that note I have also run the Web App very well in a Chrome browser on my Kindle Fire HD.

I think we need to start protesting the Amazon store to get the app approved… 

We’re starting to wonder if that’s what it’s going to take! 

Wwwweeeelllllll…you could link it for sideloading to our kindles. :wink:

That’s not really ideal since then you don’t get upgrade notices etc. but the longer we’re waiting for this approval, the more we might need to look closer at that option.

But in the meantime, as you said, the web app works really well. 

Man I wonder what the heck is keeping Amazon?....I have a summer travels and it would be nice to have the app available for the kids....web is good but not nearly as nice.

Not sure @TJANDJJ - I wonder if they’re biased against Canadians ;) 

I guess there has been no update to this?  I keep an eye out for it on the Amazon App store but nothing yet.  Any chance you can have it available on your site for us to sideload onto our devices?

@TJANDJJ No news on this yet. We’re trying to get some details on what’s holding us up. Stay tuned, all.

Please make this app available via sideloading. I purchased the 4 tuner Tablo and one of the things keeping me from switching over to it from my old DVR is that the only tablet I own is an Amazon Fire HD tablet.

Any news or update if a Fire TV app is still on the roadmap?

@7up - Yes, we’d like to have a FireTV app and it’s definitely something on the to-do list. 

In the meantime, you can get Tablo content on your FireTV by using Plex. 

switched to TabloTV to get away from HTPC with Plex.   With no disrepect to the Plex people, I’m not interested in going backwards …

In keeping on topic with development for FireTV app, has anyone from Nuvyo requested a ADT-1 Developer Kit from Google to assist in creating an Android TV app?    In theory, an Android TV app should = Fire TV app.
In keeping on topic with development for FireTV app, has anyone from Nuvyo requested a ADT-1 Developer Kit from Google to assist in creating an Android TV app?    In theory, an Android TV app should = Fire TV app.

Yes! We have requested the developer kit. 

Our team can’t wait to check it out. 

@7up - The Android developer kit arrived today. It’s like geek Christmas in the office. :))