Just bought lifetime subscription

I took a different view. I was paying ~ $150+ / mth for Satellite & already had Amazon Prime & an OTA antenna…

I put the dish service on “pause” as a trial, & bought a single Roku. (for other TVs I used an old Apple TV or connected a laptop.)

The next month I used the savings to buy a refurbed Tablo (went a little backwards that month but not bad). I already had a spare HDD.

The next month I bought the lifetime subscription.

The next month I used the savings for a second OTA antenna to point at more towers.

Then switched to another Roku each month until I had one on every TV.

I never really even thought to compare the $5 /mth guide fee to the $150 lifetime, all I really cared was that I REALLY wanted to get rid of as many monthly fees as possible & EACH MONTH I was spending about the same as before with satellite (most months less).

Fast forward now 9 months later, & its all paid for & I am saving $100+ / mth!

And the entire family is MUCH happier with the entertainment choices… The Kids love it, especially since the youngest (4) cant read but can choose whatever he wants via picture…

Side Note: Bought a Roku for the parents, whenever they couldn’t figure out something, they handed the remote to the 4 year old…

5 Likes

My 50" Panny plasma is 9 years old. Picture as good as it was at purchase. 50" screen was considered humongous at the time. Now it’s just average. Luvin it.

I would probably do it if… I was credited at least something substantial for what I have paid already - just renewed this month for my second year.

If I buy 3 songs off an album on iTunes, Apple offers the rest for the total amount less what I paid already.

Can’t see them doing this, but I would jump on board if they did.

2 Likes

Same here.

I just did this last week and I was 6 wks into the one year subscription. They were happy to refund the entire 49.99 and take my 149.99. I just told them that I did not realize that mine had automatically rolled over last month and they were very nice about it and I am very happy with my Tablo and the support they give!

1 Like

I’m very happy with Tablo and my lifetime subscription in general, but more than a little annoyed by the recent disappearance of all U.S. channels here in West Ottawa (mainly Fox, CBS and PBS). It’s not Tablo’s fault as something was apparently done on the broadcasting end in Watertown U.S. It just makes this whole process not quite as worth the bang for the buck, especially after I paid extra for a preamp in the hope of getting good reception of all channels, including U.S. ones.

Perhaps it’s your reception. What antenna are you using and where is it mounted? How far are these US channels from your location and at what angles? As the weather warms up, reception tends to fall. BTW a preamp does not make up for antenna deficiencies.

1 Like

Strange you mention Watertown…that’s where I’m from. They’ve had some snow. Maybe weather causing the probl r my or did the stations move towers?

Watertown US to Ottawa Canada is approximately 125 miles away.

Due to the earth’s curvature, reception at that distance will be tenuous.

Well, for some reason, my annual subscription seemed to have expired a few days early, but I had already decided to change to a lifetime, because my Tablo has pretty much been working flawlessly for many months now, so this morning, I pulled the trigger and paid for the lifetime subscription.

1 Like

“Well, for some reason, my annual subscription seemed to have expired a few days early, but I had already decided to change to a lifetime.”

Easter & resurrection…

That must be it

Just ordered my Tablo. I only care about the ATV4 app. If thats comes in the next 2 months and is nice I have no problem buying the lifetime subscription.

@tgwaste
I’m curious if you were happy with your Apple TV 4 and the tablo app. Mine is working great because I did a lot of research .ie… antenna, location, AC router cox broadband hundred meg connection 18 miles away from towers. It’s slow going but the Apple TV Tablo app will get there, just giving us all the functionality that the iOS app has would be great

1 Like

I love my Tablo and have had it 2 years. I recently got AppleTV 4th gen. I wish the app was as far along as it is on other devices

On the atv4, Tablo is awesome. Very smooth and it works.

If new functionality arrives, as long as it does not break anything, I will be very happy.

I have a fire tv as well, but imo, I think the app on the atv4 is much smoother and faster to load and navigate.

I am paying for the yearly sub for my guide.

Just finished my trial today and bought Lifetime without hesitation… Thanks Tablo…

4 Likes