Jumped to guide while watching a show!

Watched new season on CBS tonight. Five minutes into NCIS, it flipped to the guide. I selected CBS and kept watching. Five minutes into Bull, it flipped to the guide. I selected CBS and kept watching. Five minutes into NCIS: New Orleans, it flipped to the guide. I selected CBS and kept watching. Any idea why it flipped to the guide five minutes into each show???

@porkweez - Try selecting the channel ID vs. the show ID when you start watching LIVE TV.

If you don’t, Tablo will automatically release the tuner 5 minutes after the end of that show and return you to the guide.

Happens to me as well, even tho I start the channel I want to watch correctly. Have yet to find a pattern tho, and it doesn’t happen all the time. That, and periodic unexplained reboots are my only issues with Tablo. The reboots seem to happen when most or all of the tuners are in use, and when it’s the top of the hour and new shows are starting. Neither issue occurs often enough to be a problem for me, just 2 things I’m willing to tolerate because Tablo is so good in all other respects.

If you’re watching an in-progress recording on that same channel it will also happen.

What I do now is wait until the show starts recording, then go to recordings and watch it there. Mostly tho, I don’t watch a lot of live TV, mostly recordings.