Issue with Apple TV playing recording remotely

The problem I have is when I play a recording on my Apple TV Tablo app at a remote location. It will start playing for maybe 15/20 seconds and then stop. I’ve tried setting the streaming speed all the way down to 750Kbps, no help.

So you think network issue but if I play a live TV channel on the Apple TV it works just fine, even kicking the streaming speed up to 4Mbps.

I can also play live TV and recordings just fine on the same WiFi network at the same location with my iPhone without any problem. I can even use AirPlay to stream a recording from my iPhone to the Apple TV without any problem.

I’ve opened a support case with Tablo but the first level support person just keeps coming back saying it’s my network, I could understand and that response if the iPhone had issues or the Apple TV couldn’t play live TV fine using Tablo but I don’t buy that response with this problem.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on the problem? My take is that since this is a new feature that allows for Apple TV remote access, that there’s a bug in the product that needs to be squashed.

After four days of back and forth with Tablo they finally said there was a problem with playing remote recording and they’re working on it. So never mind, it wasn’t my end causing the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.