Is OTA Broadcast TV 4K?

I suspected as much. With satellite and cable losing hundreds of thousands of subscribers a quarter, why not post at OTA forums the supposed “problematic” picture quality? Notice that tip of the hat of the OP to Netflix :wink: A video tech would have known the transmission and resolution qualities of OTA mpegs.

A friend dropped over a few days ago and couldn’t believe the PQ I had from my antenna. He remembered the old analog TV days of antenna reception. Did not known anything about current digital reception. Trolls will play on such ignorance.

Especially now since several ATSC 3.0 tests have been successful in the past few months in terms of both easier transmission\reception and wider content. Head em off at the pass… OTA may become even a bigger threat given that ATSC 3.0 will also serve the mobile device market.

I also doubt that a broadcast station tech would have told him that stations are trying to deliberately worsen the quality. Quite a few of them participate in OTA forums across the country to help with antenna setups. Bandwidth is a problem more for cable and satellite than OTA. In fact it is several east and west coast stations that are leading the ATSC 3.0 testing to improve signal distribution\reception.

Yeah, I guess that’s why I thought maybe in that paragraph he was actually talking about cable or satellite providers, NOT OTA broadcasters.

Regardless, I’m giving him too much face time when we all agree we don’t have the same experience as he is implying in relation to OTA signals.