IPv6 Capability

While 5.1 audio, a better Roku app, the release of the Apple TV app, etc would all garner more votes for feature requests than IPv6, it should be a low hanging fruit to at least operate in dual stack mode.

Sure, make no mistake, the usability of the apps (all of them) and the flexibility and performance of the backend are far more useful to me as well. Iā€™m with hucabeec, though, that this should not be ā€œhardā€ to implment. if so, then thereā€™s something about the architecture that I am missing.

Frankly, Iā€™d love to have iSCSI/SAN/NAS support, too, but with most residential component, getting one that performs well with this platform is probably a huge challenge, hence I donā€™t bother asking for it :slight_smile:

Been there and done that for major commercial implementation of IPV4/IPV6. Itā€™s not free at the implementation level for low level software. Different OSā€™s and platforms can have unusual and unexpected side affects. And these affects can unexpectedly change across major OS releases.

As an example Linux use to have IPV4 as the default stack and IPV6 as an optional stack. IPV6 could be disabled but IPV4 couldnā€™t. All testing in all valid combinations worked flawlessly. Then in one major release the default was switched to where IPV6 was the default and IPV4 was optional. This cause various APIā€™s to act differently in terms of data returned and various error codes/conditions. Thus the code had to be adjusted.

Nothing in life is free. Especially if you want resilient and robust software.

ā€¦ and shoot 100Mbit? I laugh at Gbitā€¦ 10gE is hereā€¦ :slightly_smiling: