IP address trying to hack my Tablo

My router security keeps reporting that IP address 45.227.254.8 is attempting to connect to my tablo. It happens every 5 days.

This site is in Belize and is a known bad site. Anybody else experiencing this? It amazes me that this site has been operating for several years and not taken down. https://www.abuseipdb.com/report?ip=45.227.254.8

How do you know it’s trying to connect to your Tablo?

My router has security software that alerts me when suspicious connections are attempted. It tells me the IP address and the device it’s trying to connect to.

I have a Netgear Orbi router with Armor security.

Did you turn on remote connect and port forwarding in the router?

Yes, I’m configured so that I can watch my tablo when I’m away from my home network.

So could it be that port scanning software detected the open port and tried to connect to it.

that might be one reason some people prefer to use VPN software.

Which means your router knows what’s inside the LAN, but the outside server does not. It’s probing the port on your router that’s forwarded to the Tablo, but it’s not actually trying to reach the Tablo.

As Zippy says, it detects that (random) port is open, so it’s trying to get to it. It’s coincidental that’s it the Tablo it’s forwarded to. Could be anything on the router or the LAN.

I have NO open/forwarded ports on my router. I have a VPN for when I want to use something like the Tablo, and I use Cloudflare Tunnels for most access to servers on my LAN.

My question is whether anybody else is experiencing attempted connections from this IP address. I’m not worried about it since my router blocks it.

Most people wouldn’t know.

I occasionally catch stuff but it’s usually port scanners. I did have one malicious attempt. I turned off port forwarding for a week or so and they went away.

1 Like