IOS devices cannot connect to Tablo ON WEEKENDS!

“Plenty bad” indeed. When the vaporware is finally released, it most likely will be just as you predict.

Another weekend with no ability to connect to Tablo from my iPhone.

Using my wireless carrier with great upload and download speeds, I easily access several streaming sites like Amazon Prime, Livestream, HBO Now, etc. i also easily access several home devices including Nest thermostats, remote lighting controls, router, etc.

Tablo, the only non-connecting device, endlessly tries to connect and never does.

Its IP address remains unchanged. The Sunday morning talk / news shows which I reliably listened to every Sunday night driving home from dinner no longer can be accessed since firmware 2.2.2. was released in September, it worked fine for 10 months before this upgrade.

The Apple and Tablo update in the last month have maybe improved things a bit, but I went from nearly 100% connecting to now less than 10%.

Yet another example of 1 step forward and 2 steps backward as far as I am concerned in ‘upgrading’
Tablo.

Everybody else seems to have figured out how to properly handle port and firewall issues transparently without daily / weekly disconnection. It took Nest 3 months to figure it out, but they have been solid for at least 2 or 3 years since. My other 4 Internet attached devices do not go through the ‘pairing’ nonsense and other Tablo kabuki drama to establish UPnP yet they work effortlessly month after month for years.

Why is all of this so poorly built and tested ?

Larry

I feel sorry for you, I am totally out of suggestions other than getting Tablo directly involved via telephone chats.

Thank you for your suggestions @theuser86.

My iPhone continued to not connect once I arrived home and began using Wi-Fi.

As previously, my Rokus connected immediately to the Tablo.

After trying to access the Tablo from my iPhone using either the Tablo app or the Safari webpage, and failing in both cases to connect, I unplugged the Tablo and then waited a few minutes, and plugged the Tablo in.

Once it rebooted, I was able to connect with it after a syncing process which lasted perhaps a minute or two. There was no rebooting of my router, iPhone, or any other equipment. Rebooting the Tablo restored my ability to connect via WiFi.

Using the Tablo app I then went to ‘Settings’ and found that my previously successful UPnP port forwarding was no longer working. I tried toggling the Remote Access check box to re-enable Tablo Connect several times but no success. Rebooting my router may fix this but did not want to do so as my wife was watching streaming video from Amazon Prime.

I guess it is slightly useful to learn that Wi-Fi reconnection can be accomplished by rebooting Tablo. Since my only need for iPhone access is outside my WiFi coverage via my cell carrier, I am guessing that the only current ‘solution’ is to reboot everything, as was originally suggested by @theuser86. This does restore my ability to connect to Wi-Fi and probably via cell, but sadly, cannot be accomplished on the road when it is actually needed, unless I purchase and install two Internet controlled switches/power outlets, one for my router and one for Tablo.

Returning the firmware in the Tablo to the way it previously worked would be a much better solution……

Larry

UPDATE a few hours later:

I waited until my wife’s Amazon Prime movie ended and then rebooted the router. Having previously
restored WiFi access to iPhone by rebooting Tablo, I now also could succesfully access Tablo over my cell carrier with UPnP re-established.

Until / unless this firmware issue is fixed, my best "solution’ is to check if cell Tablo access is working before leaving home and if not, reboot the Tablo and router. Preserving a working access when travelling will require 2 Internet accesible power outlets / power strips (@$79 apiece…)