Interactive new user tutorial - Posts about nothing :) now with polls

We seemed to have stalled at 57 Certified and 12 Licensed badges. How many more can we get in a week? Let’s ask…
@discobot roll 1d20

2 Likes

:game_die: 3

1 Like

Topic views are 967 :heavy_heart_exclamation: Might break 1,000 this weekend. The like/post ratio is down to very from extremely ! :heavy_heart_exclamation: (I only found one other with very, and it hasn’t had a post since Apr 2016)

Even though the stats at the beginning – replies, views, users, and links have some meaningful value, the 414 likes is benign as there has been no Great Topic Badge ever awarded due to the misleading description.

1 Like

@discobot quote Mark Knopfler

:left_speech_bubble: Your future depends on many things, but mostly on you. — Frank Tyger

1 Like

You missed again DingDongBot

:left_speech_bubble: “Sometimes you’re the windshield. Sometimes your the bug.” ― Mark Knopfle

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

…since getting those, users have learned, also awards for First Emoji, One Box, Promoter and others have gained recently :heavy_heart_exclamation:
I’ve noticed a few users adding or a pic (or gif) to their profile. bigsmiley
DiscoBot made his debut - he’s always been around, but never used after the tutorial. You know he :heavy_check_mark: :heart: one of my post - first one, and only (so far).

Despite the stats in the topic map showing 417 likes - that’s the only pointless number as it’s not relevant to the topic likes since there has never been an award for Great Topic (and TabloTV never responded - what’s up with that?

hey Dbot, two more vies and it’ll be 1K - 1024 ! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

@discobot roll 1d12 DnD nerd

:game_die: 1

1 Like

May 12, 2019

• RABBIT SEASON
  • DUCK SEASON
  • DISCOBOT SEASON

0 voters

Uhhhhh… it’s “WABBIT”

3 Likes

Very true, for clarity I was trying to follow the graphic. I did try to make an addendum, but you can’t edit a poll after 5minutes. Let’s try this again, this time you start it…

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop? [source: https://tootsie.com/howmanylick-experiments]

• Purdue University
    A group of engineering students from Purdue University reported that its licking machine, modeled after a human tongue, took an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. Twenty of the group’s volunteers assumed the licking challenge-unassisted by machinery-and averaged 252 licks each to the center.

• University of Michigan
    Not to be outdone by a Big Ten rival, a chemical engineering doctorate student from the University of Michigan recorded that his customized licking machine required 411 licks to reach the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop. (411-364. Go Blue!)

• Swarthmore Junior High School
    Rejecting the notion that one needed active college status to undertake the Tootsie Pop licking challenge, a group of junior high students at Swarthmore School used human lickers, reporting an average of 144 licks to reach the center of a Tootsie Pop.

• Mr. Owl: A Three!

0 voters

@discobot quote the raven, nevermore

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: Don’t frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile. — Sinvyest Tan

2 Likes

Lenore?

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

who? I can’t find any real information on who every you’re quoting. Are they the one who invented your robot smile?

Bonus Thought:

1 Like