Incessant buffering

Tablo dual lite set to 3mbps, western digital elements hd. Roku 3 and roku ultra. Tablo is less than 12 steps from wifi router. Sick & tired of constant buffering - ready to chuck this POS.
Would going to a wired connection to the router help with buffering or would it be like the proverbial “putting lipstick on a pig”?
Sorry, I’m really frustrated with tablo right now - it’s become unwatchable lately. Wired connection would be the last gasp before trash - I’d have to crawl under the house & move the antenna to the same room as the router.
If switching to a wired connection would help, how do you change the settings in the tablo from wifi to wired?
Thanks from a @#$% tablo user.

Did you recently update to the newest firmware version 2.2.32?

Yes.

As a test, disconnect the hard drive from the Tablo (when powered off!) then see if you can watch live TV without buffering. Of course you won’t be able to record anything or watch recorded shows, but live TV will work. If there is no buffering then maybe it could be a hard drive or USB cable problem.

Also, if you want to try a wired connection maybe you can just run a long cat6 temporarily on the floor just to see if it works

https://community.tablotv.com/t/new-tablo-firmware-release-2-2-32/

To switch to a wired connection, all you need to do is plugged the Ethernet cable into your router and Tablo, and then reboot the Tablo. When it comes back online, it will be using a wired connection.

If you’d rather avoid this for now, our support team would be happy to check out your unit to see if we can help.

That’s when bad buffering started happening for me, right after the update.

So, I was able to run an ethernet cable from the router to the tablo & it seems to be working fine now. Disconnecting the hard drive made no difference - still constant buffering.
Buffering has always been a small issue that I’ve just dealt with; resetting power to the tablo every couple of weeks usually took care of it. At least temporarily.
But it seems like the problem got way, way worse after the latest update. Even playback recordings has been unwatchable since the update. Playback has never been an issue before.

So to confirm even with the newest firmware it is running run with the Tablo hard wired to the router?

What is the make and model of your router?