I'd give my left nut for a reboot option in the interface

This is a great point. One of the selling features of the Tablo is that it doesn’t have to be near your TV to function. As many times as I’ve tried, I’ve never been able to get the Tablo to reset from the button and I’ll be damned if I’m gonna hold the button any longer :wink:

you can purchase a network controlled UPS, and then you can just reboot the outlet that the Tablo is connected to. I do something like that because my tablo goes down nearly every day and I have to reboot it to get it working.

1 Like

Any update from Tablo on this? A reboot option from an app would be nice. I just had to reboot to fix channel loading issue and to make my option change of “recording last 10” actually save.

3GStore.com sells a single outlet IP controlled switch With an iPhone and Android phone app which I use to remotely / quickly reboot both of my Tablos. Originally $59 whrn purchased 3 years ago, now about $79 but occasipnally onsale both on 3GStore and Amazon.

Purchased specifically for rebooting my Tablos but have others for router, server, etc.

The TP-Link HS105 wifi plugs work well and are also controllable remotely by app. I use one on my Tablo and one on my separately powered hard drive, which I find sometimes needs to be rebooted after a Tablo seizure.

There are even cheaper competitors out there but not sure about their quality/durability.

The only downside is that sometimes Tablo needs a real reset (pressing the blue button briefly) and power on/off won’t do that. I too wish they would just build this remote functionality into the firmware, which I’m pretty sure they could. The risk of losing a recording or some other failure is less, in my view, than the frustration when someone is far away and the Tablo drops.

(In fact, I just had to do a remote power cycle at the same time I was writing this! The overnight guide download seems a particular moment of vulnerability for drops in my individual experience.)

I have an idea for an auto-reboot action :

Find a channel with a very weak signal. Program to record this channel at the desired time for the reboot. When it tries to record this episode, it will encounter the dreaded chopping of shows into several segments. This means the tuner can’t handle the weak signal and forces the whole TabloTV to reboot itself.

1 Like

I see what you did there. :slight_smile:

I can reboot mine on demand then! :slight_smile: