I'd give my left nut for a reboot option in the interface

I have done it exactly once.

From the time I bought mine until now I lost count :wink:

Youā€™re right, we should add some right nuts in there.

Agreed, I think Iā€™ve rebooted my device once in more than a year that Iā€™ve owned it. The Tablo has been solid, well minus the whole DD5.1 thing :wink:

2 Likes

1 Like

Sometimes the Tablo isnā€™t frozen - but still needs a reboot :slight_smile: Honestly, my rebooting is FAR less frequent on 2.2.6. I think I have only had to do it a couple of times in the last 3 months. But still - I am a lazy couch potato.

2.2.8 is a lot more stable than 2.2.6 in my opinion, seems that is what a lot of other users are reporting. Might want to consider upgrading to 2.2.8.

Iā€™m still considering it, but I wanted to wait until football season was over. Things have been dramatically better since I did 2.2.6 and the factory reset - I donā€™t want to jinx myself.

Yes on another thread somebody said their workaround for this missing feature in the Tablo is to plug the Tablo into a remote-controlled power switch.

At which point lots of people piled on with criticisms of this workaround. The chief criticism is ā€œwhat if the Tablo happened to be writing something to the hard drive just when you janked the power off?ā€

So yes it is quite clear that there needs to be a reboot option in the user interface. This way if I click the ā€œrebootā€ button in the user interface, the Tablo can do a clean finish of any disk writes chronologically prior to carrying out the reboot.

And no, I am not interested in hearing from people who ask ā€œwhy donā€™t you just go to be in the same room with the Tablo and then do this or that with the reset button?ā€ In my case, going to be in the same room with the Tablo involves traveling 75 miles.

Limited use case. Most users can physically see their Tablo on a daily basis.

1 Like

Most people donā€™t use the Window key on their keyboard - but they still put it on there.

Whatā€™s your point?

Itā€™s a waste of time to spend the programming time on it.

Thatā€™s your opinion.

Iā€™m not sure what your problem is theuser86, but youā€™re pretty condescending in these forums. I get that youā€™re trying to help people, - but the more times than not - when I see your comments they include some sort of snotty response.

Weā€™re all not idiots, and some of us actually know what weā€™re talking about. (hard to believe, I know)

Iā€™m am not sure if itā€™s just your prose or if itā€™s intentional - but you tend to come off as a jerk. If you have ever worked with programmers / coders / WevDevs - youā€™d know almost any - ANY - device has a software operating system reboot command. I highly doubt there is any coding necessary short of a Web button added to the web interface making a call to that command.

No need to answer that, because Iā€™m sure you already knew that anyway. People donā€™t come to these forums to be talked down to - feel free to keep your snide comments out of my question threads. Let TabloTV decide if itā€™s a waste of their time or not.

2 Likes

Correct I have no idea how much programming it takes, Iā€™ll take your word for it that it is already there and a simple UI button to be added. I am not privy to such information.

I apologize for the tone of my response, but the tone of many individualsā€™ requests are equally condescending, and not very appreciative.

This is a great idea! I use these all around my home.

I always have to reboot because of quick power outages ion my neighborhood. This is getting fixed this month, but still a pain to have to go reboot it after a 1 millisecond power spike/outage.

I think Iā€™ll try a WeMo but the next option is a UPS backup battery. Maybe the Tablo staying coinstantly powered will solve my issue.

As a follow up, I did upgrade to 2.2.8 after the Superbowl. Iā€™ve only had one reset in that time, but we had a power outage so I am going to chalk it up that. Iā€™ll still keep my fingers crossed for a soft-reset someday.

Running 2.2.8 here. Need to pull the plug and restart my Tablo at least once a week. This has become a frustration because my home theater is downstairs and I need to go upstairs to pull the plug. Thanks for the tip on the WeMo switch, on my way to BestBuy to pick one up now.

That should not be typical behavior of the Tablo. Have you submitted a trouble ticket. Usually they can square things away once and for all.

125VA/ 75W UPS

Perfect for really short outages, or routers :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I also would like a reboot/restart from the interface. I do not have to reboot often but when I do it is difficult because of the location of my Tablo. Thanks.