I Need Some Help... PLEASE

I think it is actually 6 concurrent streams which can be a mix of live, recorded, or even the same program. FYI - they will probably not be in sync if you expect to go from room to room. You can play with the pause button to sync them up but it is a bit of a pain.

Read this. You can actually watch the same channel on 6 devices (this only uses 1 tuner). To watch on 6 devices at the same time, I recommend your Tablo be hard wired to your router (not connected via WiFi).

That’s 6 with an [*]

If the Tablo uses Wi-Fi to connect to your home router, the number of simultaneous views could be cut in half.

I suspect this depends on recording quality and of your own network topology.

“If the Tablo uses Wi-Fi to connect to your home router, the number of simultaneous views could be cut in half.”

What if you have the new Tablo QUAD which has Wireless AC which can be faster than 100 Mbps Ethernet? Can you do 6 streams at once with that?

Possible, that Knowledge Base Support Article was dated:

July 06, 2016 10:29

Best I could do, support.tablotv.com search “how many devices”

20 results for “how many devices”

Most/many of the support info has outdated pic and illustrations of outdated old[er] products and appear dated.

Tablo Datasheet This one twice list Bluetooth 4.0 for future applications

I would think that would depend a lot on the WiFi router. WiFi basically time shares with the devices and can have trouble with multiple media streams. The Tablo will be taking turns with the playback devices and things might still not be able to keep up with AC. At some point it is not about the bandwidth, but the device switching speed. If the router and clients supports MIMO it would help this.

Wiring the Tablo has the advantage that it does not have to take turns with the playback device when transmitting the streams.

An AC1900 (marketed), for example, wireless router, is often the sum of the total speed the router is capable of (in testing conditions). Not necessarily per device connection.

Yes I understand that. But the Tablo with Wireless AC and 2 antennas can achieve a link rate of 837 Mbps which can easily have a true throughput of 100 Mbps. So that is a single device connection speed with your router.

So again my point is if the WiFi can be as fast or even faster than the 100 Mbps Ethernet then it should be able to do 6 streams at once.

And the Tablo QUAD is MIMO. @nicholb

Like I said it depends on the router and MIMO plays a role in both the Tablo and the devices. With multiple streams sending and receiving, device switching has more of an impact then bandwidth. Think a 4 lane highway with a stoplight in it meeting another 4 lane highway. Adding another lane (bandwidth) is not going to remove the delay of the stoplight (wifi device switching). MIMO adds another road which helps, but does not remove the stoplight.

I agree the possibilities exist, there are varibles and the reduced connections with WiFi was a “could be”.

As for the device in this topic, it’s not a quad, to clarify for others.

MIMO really doesn’t help this situation if you’re using high bandwidth with multiple devices, you need MU-MIMO.

And yes the OG 4 tuner is Wireless N dual band, not AC.